Removing Library Entries of deleted files - how?

JonnyBGood

JonnyBGood

Emby Server 4.6.2.0 on QNAP TS-453D 4.5.4.1715
Have 2 libraries "filme" and "Serien". On both real-time monitoring is unchecked.

I moved some files to another folder, corrected some types in the filenames and deleted some other files, all on folder level.
Then I went into the library settings and let the library scanned again.
After that I updated the metadata.

But the library does not update and remove any "deleted" files, what the heck!
Moved files now have double entries - one with an error of course trying to play it.
The deleted files are still there with an error message trying to play it
And the corrected files ... see "moved files"

Were can I "tell" the database/library to purge entries where the source file is not existent.

Greetings from munich

Happy2Play

Can you post the server log for this action.  But Emby does everything you are having issues with by default.  So I can only guess there will be errors in your server log.

arrbee99

Might be the same, might be different, but...

On a normal Win 10 machine I delete a movie by deleting its folder in File Explorer. I run a scan in Emby. It disappears from Emby...but It recreates the folder I just deleted, though with nothing in it. I delete it again via File Explorer. I re-scan the library in Emby and this time it stays gone.

On 7/4/2021 at 4:27 PM, Happy2Play said:

Can you post the server log for this action.  But Emby does everything you are having issues with by default.  So I can only guess there will be errors in your server log.

And in addition to this, can you please go over a specific example? thanks.

arrbee99

You probably weren't asking me, but -

I quit Emby Server, delete Air Force One using Windows Explorer, wipe with Ccleaner, restart Emby server, go to scheduled tasks and run all 4 Entries under Library, empty Air Force One folder reappears where it was.

I delete the folder again, rerun same 4 scheduled tasks and the folder stays gone.

embyserver.txt