Why is next up 2 seasons past the episode I'm watching?

MBSki

MBSki

I haven't watched any of Season 6 of clone wars, but some how next up is Season 7, episode 1. Is this a bug?Screenshot_20210703-084905_Emby.thumb.jpg.8cb1705e4dfa6c4cba2343058edc104d.jpg

vdatanet
57 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I haven't watched any of Season 6 of clone wars, but some how next up is Season 7, episode 1. Is this a bug?Screenshot_20210703-084905_Emby.thumb.jpg.8cb1705e4dfa6c4cba2343058edc104d.jpg

Do you have season 6? What's your latest watched episode?

MBSki

Yes, I have season 6. My last watched is the season 4 episode in continue watching. Last completed is the one before that.

• 1 month later...

You might have briefly played S7:E1, perhaps to test the file, and as a result that becomes your new starting point.

MBSki
1 minute ago, Luke said:

You might have briefly played S7:E1, perhaps to test the file, and as a result that becomes your new starting point.

So it's stuck in the database that way and there's no way to clear it?

You just go back to the episode that you want to be next and start playing that. This makes it possible to skip episodes or entire seasons if desired and still allow Next Up to work.

MBSki
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

You just go back to the episode that you want to be next and start playing that. This makes it possible to skip episodes or entire seasons if desired and still allow Next Up to work.

I've been watching seasons 1 - 5 of this show for months, and the episode in season 7 has been stuck in next up the whole time. It's not changing so it doesn't appear that the method above works.

Happy2Play

It is hard to say without knowing the entire series view as it is impossible to say from a continue watching and next up view as you can have dozens of continue watching episodes.

Maybe mark the entire series as watched then unwatched, then mark the seasons/episodes you have as watched.

MBSki

Ok, thanks @Happy2Play. It would be nice to know why it's not working, but I might just wait since I'm close to that episode anyways. 

• 8 months later...
MBSki

I'm having this issue again with a different show. Any new methods to correct this problem?

This time it's Arrow. I'm on Season 6, Episode 16, but Next Up says Season 8, Episode 1.

image.png.bbb8df193f8bad0d971999aad0baf0cc.png

image.png.c18aefa8f9af6d729cd25f66a60c67e5.png

image.png.6bf9760ee718e4c96b14a8512b93f3a9.png

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I'm having this issue again with a different show. Any new methods to correct this problem?

This time it's Arrow. I'm on Season 6, Episode 16, but Next Up says Season 8, Episode 1.

image.png.bbb8df193f8bad0d971999aad0baf0cc.png

image.png.c18aefa8f9af6d729cd25f66a60c67e5.png

image.png.6bf9760ee718e4c96b14a8512b93f3a9.png

Are there watched episodes after 6x16?

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, mbarylski said:

@Happy2Play Any idea how I can fix this?

Just previous comment

On 8/3/2021 at 4:07 PM, Happy2Play said:

Maybe mark the entire series as watched then unwatched, then mark the seasons/episodes you have as watched.

MBSki

Ok, well, that didn't work.

@Luke How do I fix this issue? Why would Next Up show me the wrong episode If i haven't watched the episode before what's in Next Up?

Happy2Play

Minus something messed up your Userdata that process works on everything for me.

MBSki
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Minus something messed up your Userdata that process works on everything for me.

Hmmm, what could be messed up in my userdata? How would I check that?

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Hmmm, what could be messed up in my userdata? How would I check that?

If you created a test user and set that series do you see the same thing?

But you would have to open your users.db to find your id number, then the library.db mediaitems table to filter the series, then look at the userdatakeyid to use in the userdatas table (your id and the item userdatakeyid) to show the dates recorded in your userdata.

MBSki
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

If you created a test user and set that series do you see the same thing?

But you would have to open your users.db to find your id number, then the library.db mediaitems table to filter the series, then look at the userdatakeyid to use in the userdatas table (your id and the item userdatakeyid) to show the dates recorded in your userdata.

Oh boy. Ok. I'll try and dig into that later.

MBSki

@Happy2Play I think I might try the "mark entire series" method again. 1 question though. If I do that and mark it complete, then mark it incomplete, does the database keep a history of the watched status' or does it only keep 1 status? I sync with trakt.tv so I can disable it to prevent syncing the entire series watch status to trakt.tv, but if the watched history stays in the database then it'll sync eventually and I want to make sure it doesn't do that.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, mbarylski said:

@Happy2Play I think I might try the "mark entire series" method again. 1 question though. If I do that and mark it complete, then mark it incomplete, does the database keep a history of the watched status' or does it only keep 1 status? I sync with trakt.tv so I can disable it to prevent syncing the entire series watch status to trakt.tv, but if the watched history stays in the database then it'll sync eventually and I want to make sure it doesn't do that.

I don't use Trakt.  Per the database item played/unplayed.

Played

image.thumb.png.3f0131986d9bd5ca434ddc5809bd3553.png

Mark unplayed

image.thumb.png.d5e878844c96e0e825014ad77e60a1a4.png