Music community star rating next to songs

Bottles51

Bottles51

1500702944_StarRating1024_1.jpg.91402ad3f331ee031e5c9668bf0e1c72.jpg                                                    

I think this would be a nice feature to have. Maybe something similar to how windows media player handles this and the admin user can edit just by clicking on stars next to song. This would be easier and faster than having to go into metadata and change for every song you want to rate. This can be useful for smart playlists. If ten stars is too much then use five and have half a star counts as 1.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Bottles51

I think that if the users can rate they should have their own rating. I Currently use my community rating to make smart playlists, so i would not like them to change my ratings. Maybe make it so that just the admin can change only in the web app, but make it visible to everyone. Or make it that everyone can make their own separate ratings.  It would also be nice to see those stars to make it easier to find popular songs. It would make it easier after an album is added to click on the stars to rate, rather than having to go into meta for every song.

7 hours ago, Bottles51 said:

Or make it that everyone can make their own separate ratings.  It would also be nice to see those stars to make it easier to find popular songs.

If everyone has their own rating, you would not see "popular" songs.  You would only see your own ratings.

There are already requests for user-based ratings on items.  We actually used to have this but found it was so little used that we removed it.

Bottles51
1 hour ago, ebr said:

If everyone has their own rating, you would not see "popular" songs.  You would only see your own ratings.

There are already requests for user-based ratings on items.  We actually used to have this but found it was so little used that we removed it.

Can we at least have the option to show the rating. This would make it easier to find songs. It can be an option to turn on or off as people see fit.

Bottles51
2 minutes ago, Bottles51 said:

Can we at least have the option to show the rating. This would make it easier to find songs. It can be an option to turn on or off as people see fit.

Also what's the point of being able to rate music if there is no way to see rating

Hi, where would you like to see it that it's currently not displayed in?

Happy2Play
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

Does Music show this information anywhere?

koopa8840
3 hours ago, Luke said:

In his first post, there is a screenshot, showing the placement being next to the time.

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Albums, yes. Songs, no.

Edited by koopa8840
Verified where ratings are displayed

Bottles51
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Currently there is no way to view the community rating in music. There may be for albums, but none if you rate just songs.

Bottles51
2 hours ago, Luke said:

The picture that i put in the first post was just an idea. If it would fit better somewhere else that's great. But currently there is no way to see what is even rated. you would have to click dozens of times and scroll down in the meta to see rating of every song in an album.

But currently there is no way to see what is even rated. 

But you can see the heart (favorite) status, right?

Bottles51
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

But you can see the heart (favorite) status, right?

Yes but that does nothing for the community rating. I don't favorite songs, I rate them and use smart playlist. The same songs may be in multiple playlists. Also if you could see the stars, it would make it easier for people looking for songs to find them.  I use my music throughout my home and I have a touchscreen set up outside for party's. Did you ever go to an artist and say to yourself (What was the name of that dam song). Having rated that one song, and having the rating show would be extremely helpful.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...