Best folder structure/media type for filtering

AppleTVUser
Go to solution Solved by AppleTVUser,

AppleTVUser

I'm new to emby, hoping I'm just missing some context.

I have videos from three different collections I'd like to watch just once. So I set up:

~/Movies/Restorations
~/Movies/Woodcrafting
~/Movies/Repair

In each folder are the videos I'd like to watch - but I want to be able to mark them as watched and have them hide in the interface after watching. I also want to be able to drill down to a category and just watch videos from that selection.

If I set up a "Movies" collection - and point it to:

~/Movies/

On the AppleTV app, all three collections are mixed in one huge list. I have a persistent filter for "unwatched" I can set, but it doesn't let me only see "Repair", for instance.

I tried indexing just the "Restorations" folder, but as a "Movies" type it didn't see any videos. I tried the other media types (Home Movies, etc..) but those show up as Folders - which the AppleTV app doesn't provide any useful filters for. Under one type you can see "videos" which provides a filter - but it doesn't list out any videos when I specifically add the "Restorations" folder, for example.

Am I missing something? I haven't tried TV Shows, but perhaps that's the piece of the puzzle that I'm missing.

• Solution
AppleTVUser

All right - I found a solution, and it was probably all my fault.

I had a Library set up pointing to:

~/Movies/

If I set up an additional library pointing to a subfolder of `Movies`, `Folders` would show when browsing on the AppleTV app but when I clicked the `Videos` tab, no videos would show up. As soon as I deleted the parent Library pointing to `~/Movies`, the subfolder started showing videos in the `Videos` tab.