Folder Path for EX2 Ultra

gvtroutman
Go to solution Solved by alucryd,

gvtroutman

Hi,

Not sure what path I need to be using, but I can't seem to figure out how to use my NAS as a server. I connected the app, I just can't figure out which path to use. Do I need to map it to my computer? I tried doing that and it didn't like that path either. I made sure that every folder was shared. Right now my path is "\\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\Public\TV Shows" But it's not pulling anything out of it

Hi there, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to install Emby on your WD NAS?

gvtroutman

Yes, I think I already installed it, because I uploaded the app. But maybe it needs the server installed on the drive as well. How do I go about doing that?

8 minutes ago, gvtroutman said:

Yes, I think I already installed it, because I uploaded the app. But maybe it needs the server installed on the drive as well. How do I go about doing that?

What do you mean by uploaded? What exactly did you do?

gvtroutman

I'm just not sure what path to use, because using the network button doesn't find anything

Capture.PNG

gvtroutman
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Where is your media stored? Is it on the same NAS?

Yes, it is store on this NAS

• Solution
alucryd

I have a Public shared folder defined in the Shares tab, this one is located at /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/ on the device. The numbering might differ if you set up your drives differently, I personally have a single drive in the device. If that doesn't work the only surefire way to be sure would be to ssh into the device to check the folder path.

Emby can browse the NAS directories just fine here though, not sure why it would fail on your end 😕
image.thumb.png.fb559de38b869f612bef577039bac5ad.png

• 1 month later...
gatocdai

I have the same problem. I install Emby on My Cloud gen 1. Install is ok but I can not get the path of my folder. It in the same NAS. I try /mnt/HD/HD_a2/MOVIES/ but nothing happen. Pls help. I'm newbie for Emby.

1870642390_ScreenShot2021-09-02at9_02_21pm.thumb.jpg.37bfb7a6dfb3bb9d9e0ec960ed01b276.jpg

22 minutes ago, gatocdai said:

I have the same problem. I install Emby on My Cloud gen 1. Install is ok but I can not get the path of my folder. It in the same NAS. I try /mnt/HD/HD_a2/MOVIES/ but nothing happen. Pls help. I'm newbie for Emby.

1870642390_ScreenShot2021-09-02at9_02_21pm.thumb.jpg.37bfb7a6dfb3bb9d9e0ec960ed01b276.jpg

Hi, My Cloud Gen 1 is not a supported device, sorry.