Windows 8 store app

deadspeak

deadspeak

Any update on when we might see the windows store app. While I'm loving the windows phone8 version, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on mediabrowser on my surface tablet.

Great work guys

Thanks

Paul

The developer who's working on it has a username of Brent. He's gone quiet recently so i'll have to re-assure his commitment. Perhaps those of you who are interested could send him a note encouraging him.

sfnetwork

Not only for tablets... I was looking at the Netflix windows 8 app from my main PC and I now, prefer using this instead of the web interface...

This could be the same for MB... It would be an nice different way to use MB instead of Web client for Win 8 PCs... And it could maybe even have the server dashboard (if possible)...

Plex has one but I didn't want to pay for it to test but from the screenshots, etc... it looks good.. MB could be amazing...

• Like 1

deadspeak

am playing around with plex at the moment, not as impressed with the server side as I have been with mediabrowser, and the front end has no where near as much ability to configure the themes etc.

Steven

Not only for tablets... I was looking at the Netflix windows 8 app from my main PC and I now, prefer using this instead of the web interface...

This could be the same for MB... It would be an nice different way to use MB instead of Web client for Win 8 PCs... And it could maybe even have the server dashboard (if possible)...

Plex has one but I didn't want to pay for it to test but from the screenshots, etc... it looks good.. MB could be amazing...

I'd love to see this too. I've got the chance to get a current Surface RT for £140 but currently I'm not sure I've got much use for one, but this would convince me!

Steven

That looks really really nice. I sent him a message. Looks like he's gone a bit quiet lately due to work but hopefully he'll poke his nose in over here to see what's going on.

7illusions

Hello folks!

I'm the developer of the previously mentioned XBMC app.

Like Luke noted from the xbmc forums, I've been quite a busy man lately with large projects at work, family and other apps.

I've just finished, yesterday actually, my private app project for Windows 8.1 and I will have some time freed up now. :D

I'm gonna install mediabrowser this afternoon and see what I can do. :)

I'll keep you posted.

• Like 15

ScottIsAFool

Hello folks!

Like Luke noted from the xbmc forums, I've been quite a busy man lately with large projects at work, family and other apps.

I've just finished, yesterday actually, my private app project for Windows 8.1 and I will have some time freed up now. :D

I'll keep you posted.

Good man :) Welcome to the forums

Hello folks!

I'll keep you posted.

Welcome. You should have access to the dev area now. 

we're still in the stage of offering him bribes to build an app for us. no commitments have been made yet.

• Like 1

7illusions

Thanks for a the warm welcome. :)

I just wanted too keep you guys in the loop in what's happening.

So, yesterday I installed MB3 on my server, a Win Server2012, and everything is up and running.

Really nice interface and smooth installation.

I did run into some issues which I didn't anticipate, and that is my medialibrary and MB3's namingconvention. I've started renaming all the files, but it will take a while.

(This was needed though, so I'm kind of glad that I was forced to do it). The ones I've renamed works perfectly with the scraper. :)

I've also started to play around with the SDK.. Created a base Project, installed the nuget stuff, discover servers, load Movies, TvShows, Pictures and backdrops and so on.

I'll continue my investigation this evening..

• Like 8

So, yesterday I installed MB3 on my server, a Win Server2012, and everything is up and running.

I did run into some issues which I didn't anticipate, and that is my medialibrary and MB3's namingconvention. I've started renaming all the files, but it will take a while.

(This was needed though, so I'm kind of glad that I was forced to do it). The ones I've renamed works perfectly with the scraper. :)

I've also started to play around with the SDK.. Created a base Project, installed the nuget stuff, discover servers, load Movies, TvShows, Pictures and backdrops and so on.

You don't have to rename if you don't want to. Starting with the next server build we'll recognize all xbmc image naming conventions. you can get it now if you go to the advanced section and set your update level to dev.

Also feel free to post questions about ApiClient. I can help, also Scottisafool is our windows phone developer and can help. Armand uses it as well for his media portal client.

7illusions

@Luke Thanks, will update server tonight. Feels good to clean the library though.. :)

Regarding the SDK, good to know. So far so good, I'm attaching a couple of screenshots of the current state. Not much, but at least I'm loading some content. :)

525fee1f3950e_Main.png

525feed4eda36_MovieDetails.png

• Like 6

trooper11

I'm actually glad that work on a Win 8 app is getting into gear now, just as 8.1 is released,  instead of earlier.  Now a developer can take advantage of the changes if they are useful.  I know there are some Metro control changes that could be useful for any app.

Also if you're using the github wiki at all, let me know if there's anything you feel that is hard to understand or could be improved. 

MrWebsmith

yea im currently re-isntalling my surface pro apps after the 8.1 update.. seems good so far.. some things to "put back" but all in all im happy to move fwd with the o/s.. and thrilled that another win8/win8rt app is coming...i will likely use this as a controller when home (remote play/browse to mbc/mbt) and as a full playing client on vacations or from work ;)