Direct playback

Lee

i've replaced the mpv "app"

should i set my playback as before or do you have advice on a better way?

clearly i need GPU enabling for quicksync.

audio to passthru as before??

generiq

Hardware acceleration to auto and passthrough for audio. Renderer to GPU. Also use the mpv.conf I gave you. That config is recommended. 

no change.. 

that mpv config doesn't seem to be creating a log file now.?

generiq
2 minutes ago, Lee said:

no change.. 

that mpv config doesn't seem to be creating a log file now.?

Did you remove the folder that the log was being written to? And did you replace libmpv with the one I gave you?

Yep. I complete u installed. 

Then went in to app roaming and deleted everything. 

At this rate I'm tempted to do a fresh Windows install see if it does anything. I'm going to need a new cpu at some point because this one won't do Windows 11..🙄

generiq

And it still isn't producing a log?

Screenshot of libmpv folder contents, folder structure, and post the text from your mpv.conf.

had a bad day at work.. probably done something wrong. i think i'm done for tonight winding me up!!

let me know if/what i've done wrong and i'll have a look tomoz.

thanks

generiq

You're using a different folder. It was themi, but now it's in The Millingtons. So change that folder in the logging line of the mpv.conf.

generiq

Is the mpv.conf in the correct folder? Are you testing playback with corresponding user. It looks like you may be testing with themi but altering The Millingtons. 

Edited by generiq

i have literally no clue how that user (name) has expanded? the millingtons is the username but there isn't a folder?

i hadn't even noticed that, it's weird and i have no explanation because i can't replicate it???

Just now, generiq said:

You probably need to investigate that, before you continue testing

i'm looking now. Haven't a clue how/why that has happened. I can't even find a folder with the full naming convention.

I'm going to format reinstall just in case something is corrupt. probably be a day or two before i get round to that tbf.. i'll report back after. cheers

generiq
7 hours ago, Lee said:

? explained i think? i think you'd missed "system" in the folder structure for electronapp

And in answer to this question, I have that folder in two locations!!!

@Luke Did you change the location of libmpv and the update didn't clean the folder structure? I have two identical folders!

696327054_libmpvlocation.thumb.png.a2460be625e7a7365e72701dc098860f.png

generiq

But when I grab it from Git, the folder is where I expect it to be, which is not where Lee has his folder! What Is going on?!?!?!? 

generiq

Comparing a new installation to downloading from Git, they are different. Why is that? I thought they were the same????

26 minutes ago, generiq said:

Comparing a new installation to downloading from Git, they are different. Why is that? I thought they were the same????

If we're talking fresh setups from each then I would not expect anything different.

generiq
Just now, Luke said:

If we're talking fresh setups from each then I would not expect anything different.

But they are in fact, different. I just confirmed it.

On 19/07/2021 at 23:21, generiq said:

Ok, let us know what happens.

i haven't reinstalled (yet) however i have figured out the reason for the folder location looking different.

i was able to replicate this. I click on quick access and the mpv config is there i right click and then chose go to file location.

it then says >the millingtons/appdata etc..

if i highlight that with a left click it shows the "actual" file path - c:users/themil,,,etc.

So - the mpv isn't working or the logging.

i am going to format reinstall i think just as a matter of course. i'll use the emby app on my LG tv for now although i've had one or two problems with some files not playing in that..

I have reinstalled windows fresh install of emby. No difference play > no audio > skip back audio starts. 

I think there has to be a software issue somewhere as this only happens when screen refresh rate switching is enabled. It's unwatchable for me without that though. 

Should I try mpv logging and/or the newly compiled version of mpv. 

generiq
2 hours ago, Lee said:

I have reinstalled windows fresh install of emby. No difference play > no audio > skip back audio starts. 

I think there has to be a software issue somewhere as this only happens when screen refresh rate switching is enabled. It's unwatchable for me without that though. 

Should I try mpv logging and/or the newly compiled version of mpv. 

If you haven't yet tried my earlier suggestions, yes, try them. Start with the config I gave you, and enable logging. If it doesn't change anything, then replace libmpv by unzipping the file I gave you. If that doesn't work, attach the log