Direct playback

Lee

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Try turning off audio passthrough and see if that helps.

Surely that won't give me the desired audio? 

So... If I turn off pass through with the amp on auto I get no audio at all. 

20210712_223200.jpg

generiq

Ooooo....this is looking like an audio device/WASAPI issue. Have you made your receiver the default device in Windows?

1 minute ago, generiq said:

Ooooo....this is looking like an audio device/WASAPI issue. Have you made your receiver the default device in Windows?

I have because the LG oled won't passthrough dts HD ma 

generiq
6 minutes ago, Lee said:

I have because the LG oled won't passthrough dts HD ma 

Wait! What? What does your tv have to do with this? Are you using ARC?

3 minutes ago, generiq said:

Wait! What? What does your tv have to do with this? Are you using ARC?

So if I plug into the LG and arc passthrough doesn't do dts HD ma. So the pc is straight into the amp. 

generiq
2 minutes ago, Lee said:

So if I plug into the LG and arc passthrough doesn't do dts HD ma. So the pc is straight into the amp. 

Right! But if you had ARC setup before, did you disable it on the TV and the receiver? Do you still have the HDMI cable plugged into the ARC port(s)? Does Windows still see your TV as an audio device? 

13 hours ago, generiq said:

Right! But if you had ARC setup before, did you disable it on the TV and the receiver? Do you still have the HDMI cable plugged into the ARC port(s)? Does Windows still see your TV as an audio device? 

I didn't have arc before. Same set up as this direct into the amp simplink/arc didn't work well with my old TV and amp. 

The pc doesn't see the TV just denon av receiver 

generiq

Ok, let's rule out your receiver. Connect your computer directly to your TV and see how that compares.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, generiq said:

Ok, let's rule out your receiver. Connect your computer directly to your TV and see how that compares.

i'm going to give that a go but it's a bit of a faff, so it'll be a few days before i can get round to it.

I can't use that as my solution though.. DTS HD MA won't pass through the TV. I've gone to lengths to set-up 7.1 4k for this .. bit deflating tbh.

generiq
6 minutes ago, Lee said:

i'm going to give that a go but it's a bit of a faff, so it'll be a few days before i can get round to it.

I can't use that as my solution though.. DTS HD MA won't pass through the TV. I've gone to lengths to set-up 7.1 4k for this .. bit deflating tbh.

This is just troubleshooting. Attempting to define the cause of your issue. Out of curiosity, have you tried updating the firmware for your receiver?

When you have windows plugged directly into the AVR, what type of device does Windows report is connected?

On 13/07/2021 at 21:47, generiq said:

This is just troubleshooting. Attempting to define the cause of your issue. Out of curiosity, have you tried updating the firmware for your receiver?

Firmware is updated checked it

On 14/07/2021 at 18:56, cayars said:

When you have windows plugged directly into the AVR, what type of device does Windows report is connected?

Denon AVR

On 14/07/2021 at 18:56, cayars said:

Denon AVR

20210715_223852.jpg

On 13/07/2021 at 21:47, generiq said:

The *faff is actually getting the cables in place from the pc to the TV I can't move the telly on my own it's that big and flimsy.. 😂 😂 

generiq
21 hours ago, Lee said:

The *faff is actually getting the cables in place from the pc to the TV I can't move the telly on my own it's that big and flimsy.. 😂 😂 

The easiest way is buy an HDMI coupler, and connect the cables together behind the receiver.

Can you post a screenshot of the audio devices in Windows?

On 12/07/2021 at 22:19, Luke said:

Same result through TV.. 

20210716_222158.jpg

20210716_222222.jpg

Shows lgtv. The audio codec on stats for nerds says true HD. The eARC doesn't recognize it on pass through or not.. There is a eac3 audio file that bri gs it to life then both audio tracks will play but the receiver hasn't a clue what's playing. At this rate an nvidia shield is looking really tempting emby worked miles better when it was lav filters... 

20210716_223121.jpg

generiq

It looks like you've got something configured incorrectly. If you're connected through the receiver, then the TV shouldn't be an optional audio device. You should see your receiver. 

If this is you testing connecting from the computer directly to the TV, then the receiver shouldn't be connected to anything. Then you'd need to disable all passthrough options in Theater that your TV doesn't support.

If you're still connected through the receiver to the TV then you'll need to check the settings in the TV and receiver. 

13 hours ago, generiq said:

It looks like you've got something configured incorrectly. If you're connected through the receiver, then the TV shouldn't be an optional audio device. You should see your receiver. 

If this is you testing connecting from the computer directly to the TV, then the receiver shouldn't be connected to anything. Then you'd need to disable all passthrough options in Theater that your TV doesn't support.

If you're still connected through the receiver to the TV then you'll need to check the settings in the TV and receiver. 

This is wrong. How do I get sound out if the TV is connected to nothing? It was connected to the eARC TV out. The amp doesn't show as an option if its connected this way and vice versa. Much to my surprise it seems even worse if connected to the TV, I did think that would work but I'd lose dts HD ma. Appears not judder is worse and no sound issue is more evident. This is in game mode on the TV too which is advised (no post processing). There's a hdmi handshake issue somewhere I think with screen refresh rate switching. It does it on the TV and the amp no sound unless I skip back a bit then it kicks in. 

If I don't have screen refresh rate switching on its unwatchable due to judder. 

Also if I enable open gl it's worse the cpu has this ability so I don't know why that is. Ffmpeg h264/h265 recoding works a dream with this and until I switched up to 4k everything else did. 

Very bizarre

generiq
3 hours ago, Lee said:

This is wrong. How do I get sound out if the TV is connected to nothing? It was connected to the eARC TV out. The amp doesn't show as an option if its connected this way and vice versa. Much to my surprise it seems even worse if connected to the TV, I did think that would work but I'd lose dts HD ma. Appears not judder is worse and no sound issue is more evident. This is in game mode on the TV too which is advised (no post processing). There's a hdmi handshake issue somewhere I think with screen refresh rate switching. It does it on the TV and the amp no sound unless I skip back a bit then it kicks in. 

If I don't have screen refresh rate switching on its unwatchable due to judder. 

Also if I enable open gl it's worse the cpu has this ability so I don't know why that is. Ffmpeg h264/h265 recoding works a dream with this and until I switched up to 4k everything else did. 

Very bizarre

You're misreading, misunderstanding and making wrong assumptions. 

The test was to remove the receiver from the chain, and play through the TV, using the TV speakers. Then see if you have the same problem. 

And you said that you hadn't used ARC, but obviously you have. You need to disable ARC in the and receiver. 

You also didn't answer if you've checked for firmware updates. 

There's nothing wrong with Emby Theater.