Vox Commando and Mediabrowser

lja

Thanks. Tried it and the Mediabrowser config doesn't show in the list -

54d27b03e18c9_vox.jpg

Not sure what to do next. 

Looks like you are using V2.136. Download  V 2.138

James,

Many of us still use WMC for our cable tuners... In my opinion nothing beats WMC's recording and guide features.

In my case, I still use WMCs music and picture library features as opposed to MB3s.

So I would like voice control of both programs.  

@@ebr

@@jitterjames

Playing a movie in MB Theater and the Dashboard (webclient), Advanced intros (MB Intros) play before the movie. However not in MB Classic. jitterjames enquired as to how does MB Intros work. I thought that ebr would be more capable of responding. Please can you? Thanks.

In MBC, playing something via the API is considered a "quick play" or direct play request so it behaves as if you had selected it from a list and bypasses intro playback.  The only way to play intros in MBC is by clicking the play button on the detail page of a movie.

jitterjames

In MBC, playing something via the API is considered a "quick play" or direct play request so it behaves as if you had selected it from a list and bypasses intro playback.  The only way to play intros in MBC is by clicking the play button on the detail page of a movie.

@lja: you should be able to set up a voice command to do this very easily.  Just modify the find movie command and add an action to press select after a second or two of delay.

@lja: you should be able to set up a voice command to do this very easily.  Just modify the find movie command and add an action to press select after a second or two of delay.

@@ebr

@@jitterjames

Thanks.

I can't get voxwav to send audio to my pc. I have the tcpmic plugin installed, and when I click the "press and hold to speak" button on my android phone, I can see voxcommando is sensing that I am trying to send it audio, but it doesn't matter how much I scream, there is no sound sent to voxcommando. The volume meter doesn't move at all and no commands are followed.

Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

I am using the latest version of all software, as it all has been downloaded in the last hour or so. I attached a screenshot to show what events show up in the voxcommando log whenever I press the "press and hold to speak" button on my phone.

54d29f431f4f8_voxwav.jpg

jitterjames

By the way there are a couple of things I did not think to mention in the tutorial.

1 - The launch dashboard command is opening an url that only works on my system.  You will need to edit the url in order to use this command.  Launch mediabrowser classic and launch mediabrowser theater should work for everyone as long as those program are installed in the default locations.

2 - "Play song X" does not let you play just any song.  When you issue a play artist, or play album command, it then indexes all the songs from that artist or album so you can then request a corresponding song by name.  It is of course possible to make a command that would let you play any song any time but it puts extra strain on the system to store all those voice commands, especially if you have a very large media library.  I can post xml that will let you easily copy this command to your configuration if there is interest in it.

• Like 1

jitterjames

I can't get voxwav to send audio to my pc. I have the tcpmic plugin installed, and when I click the "press and hold to speak" button on my android phone, I can see voxcommando is sensing that I am trying to send it audio, but it doesn't matter how much I scream, there is no sound sent to voxcommando. The volume meter doesn't move at all and no commands are followed.

Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

I am using the latest version of all software, as it all has been downloaded in the last hour or so. I attached a screenshot to show what events show up in the voxcommando log whenever I press the "press and hold to speak" button on my phone.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=VoxWav_Installation

Looks like it is connecting OK.  Try changing the "Mic Source" input in VoxWav settings.  There are hundreds of Android devices out there and they are all a bit different.  Usually the best choices are "Default", "Mic", or "Voice_Recognition".  Most of the other inputs don't usually work at all, but again, all Androids are different.

In the TCP mic plugin settings you can check the box to show the waveform after a command is sent.

Based on the image of the history window you show you are holding the button down for only a second or less which is pretty short for a voice command.  In case it isn't clear the button labeled  "Press and hold to speak" should be pressed and held down while you are speaking, and released after you have finished speaking.  Unfortunately, all that text did not fit on the button.  :P

You won't see the mic level move when using VoxWav.  This is only for a standard "live" windows microphone.

54d2a647105cc_voxwavsettings.jpg54d2a68ecdfe4_voxwavmicsource.png

Edited by jitterjames

reluctantflux

I'm just testing the MB Kodi client now and it seems that almost nothing works except for playing items.  So all the browse to X commands don't work, but you can play a movie, play an artist or album etc.  I don't know if any of this will be supported by the plugin in the future.  You'll need to ask the client/plugin creator about that.

We can add control of the Kodi interface directly using our xJson plugin and just copy over the required commands from our Kodi config so we can control volume, play/pause, move, scrolling etc, but I don't think it will be possible to browse to items with a voice command until the MB plugin for Kodi supports it.  I've seen a similar experience with the Android client, but the Android app is not really stable on my Acer tablet so it's hard to test.

We will be updating the table with more information about what is supported on each client and posting a public document on Google Drive so we can keep it up to date.

Hopefully if enough people are using VC with MB, those clients can be beefed up a bit to support more of the core MB ApiClient features.

Hmm.. you had better luck than I did.  I could get voice messages sent, as I would see them displayed as a notification on Kodi, but it wouldn't do anything, even play a movie.  This could be because I was using a different skin than you.  I'm using the Titan Mediabrowser Beta skin.  If this is going to be a different config per skin, then yeah, I wouldn't ever expect Vox to work in a Kodi+MB3 environment.  

jitterjames

Hmm.. you had better luck than I did.  I could get voice messages sent, as I would see them displayed as a notification on Kodi, but it wouldn't do anything, even play a movie.  This could be because I was using a different skin than you.  I'm using the Titan Mediabrowser Beta skin.  If this is going to be a different config per skin, then yeah, I wouldn't ever expect Vox to work in a Kodi+MB3 environment.  

If you are seeing a notification in Kodi that makes me think you are actually using a Kodi config for VC and not the MB3 config.  That isn't going to work.  You need to use the MB3 config with the MB3 plugin in order to control any MB3 clients.  You should follow the tutorial video that I posted in this thread, or the wiki that I linked to.  The only difference would be that you select a n XBMC/Kodi client instead of the Dashboard client.

I general I don't think it should make too much difference which skin you are using as long as it supports MB3, but I don't have a lot of experience with it.  I haven't really spent much time with it since the MB3XBMC plugin doesn't really seem to support the remote client control interface in general.

reluctantflux

Not sure you'd know this, but figured I'd ask.  Would I use these commands with the Kodi json plugin to call different nodes/windows for browsing? 

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5485-skin-support-window-properties-available/

If you can walk me through one (playnext window or browse recently added movies window), I'd be happy to devote some time to make it fully functioning.

ETA:

For example, I tried modifying Browse Recent TV episodes and changed the xJsonRaw command to be:   

"window": "plugin.video.xbmb3c", "parameters": [ "xbmb3c.std.tvshows.3" ]

But it didn't work.  Would it be something along those lines or am I way off?

This was prior to my edit of the command:

"window": "videolibrary", "parameters": [ "RecentlyAddedEpisodes" ]
Edited by reluctantflux

jitterjames

It should be possible to browse MB content in Kodi using the MB3 api by talking to the MediaBrowser server (i.e. the same method use for other clients).  It works on most clients, but not on the Kodi client.

Maybe it is possible to do it the way you are suggesting, using Kodi's json api, but the parameters you need to pass are probably much more complicated that what you are showing, and the actual parameters might vary from one setup to another.  If it is possible to do it this way, then the best way to find out how to do it would be to ask the creator of the XBMB3C plugin about it.

Yeah, this is just something the Kodi add-on guys need to implement but haven't gotten to yet I'm sure.  It would be much better to use the MB API.

We really need to get the add-on responding to the MB remote control API instead.  That way it will work for everything and not just this.

• Like 1

Xzener

Having a tough time with it recognizing me... "too low"?? I guess my voice is to low?? Do I have to do the voice recognition training??

Edited by Xzener

CashMoney

Having a tough time with it recognizing me... "too low"?? I guess my voice is to low?? Do I have to do the voice recognition training??

Check in the top bar of the Vox Commando interface. Is what the program recognizing actually correct but not acted on because the confidence is too low? You can adjust that in the Options, first tab about halfway down on the left side. I found that all my commands were actually correct but not acted on for that reason. I just dropped the confidence/level from the default 70 to 55 and now it all works fine. I've even got it playing nice with my wifi light bulbs :)

The only thing I'm struggling with is Voxwav with my Moto G, which I believe is a limitation of my phone as it works perfectly fine with my Tablet.

jitterjames

The most important aspect of voice recognition is the microphone.

Doing windows built in training is easy and can only help. I personally get 90% confidence with a GOOD microphone without doing any training, but it depends how you speak.

Cash is on the money above but if possible you should first try to optimise your confidence.

Here are some more tips that may help:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=FAQ#Why_doesn.27t_VC_understand_me_all_the_time.3F

jitterjames

The only thing I'm struggling with is Voxwav with my Moto G, which I believe is a limitation of my phone as it works perfectly fine with my Tablet.

Try going into the VW app settings and changing the mic source as outlined in the post above.  Or if there is some other problem, please let me know more specifically what it is.  It's impossible to make an app that runs on 100% of devices out there but we have VW running quite nicely on a very old and anemic cheapo HUAWEI phone running Android 2.2.

CashMoney

Try going into the VW app settings and changing the mic source as outlined in the post above.  Or if there is some other problem, please let me know more specifically what it is.  It's impossible to make an app that runs on 100% of devices out there but we have VW running quite nicely on a very old and anemic cheapo HUAWEI phone running Android 2.2.

The app itself (voxwav) runs perfectly. I can use it on my tablet and without training I get the same as you; about 90% recognized. On my phone however, not matter which MIC I try, the confidence level is way too low (15-30 at best, if it reacts at all). I've really only had a quick go at it on the phone, but we have 3 Motorola Moto G's in the house, of which we've tried 2 with the same results. I will eventually give it a proper go and post in the VoxCommando forums, but I do believe it is more just the mic on the Moto G isn't very good :)

I'd give it a proper go now, but I've feeling with the cold I have ....

"Doh me TV Doh The Bib Bam Theowy"

Edited by CashMoney
  • Like 1