Metadata missing from Android Media Library

RGeissler

RGeissler

Today is Tuesday, 6-29-2021 and I have done the following with emby server/client versions downloaded in the last 24 hours.

I moved 2 directories of .mp3's to my android Samsung, installed the emby Android server, and my xml file data did not appear on any of the files after installing and configuring the Emby Client.  I installed the emby windows server and created a library with the same directories on my pc, which worked perfectly, including creating .nfo files for those directories, when i accessed them with the same client on my Android handset.  I then manually moved those perfected music directories to my phone,   re-installed emby server/client from scratch and issue has persisted.  This doesn't matter if my files are in the top directory or nested in system folders( music, documents etc...).  I'm using STORAGE EMULATION when selecting which folder to host and I suspect thats where the issue lies.

I'm using a Samsung S21 ultra less than 3 weeks old.  

I can provide server logs if they help but there is no error generated.  The files attached are pics of all the FOLDERS appearing correctly with artwork as the artwork is saved within along with the .nfo files.  

No Artists.jpg

Files with no MetaD.jpg

Folder.jpg

Edited by RGeissler

Happy2Play

That means the tracks embedded metadata is missing information.  As Emby is tag driven to provide this information.  Folder view will show exactly that other tabs require embedded information.

Hi, are your audio files embedded with artist information? This is where that information comes from.

RGeissler

the files are properly tagged as I used the Emby server on my windows box to tag them and then generate the proper .nfo files.  when I then move these perfected files to my device, I can see that they are still properly tagged (exiftool in termux) but emby android server is not able to read the xml or .nfo.  I think it's a permissions issue with emulated storage.  otherwise why would it be able to parse the album art in the folders?

Edited by RGeissler

Happy2Play
31 minutes ago, RGeissler said:

otherwise why would it be able to parse the album art in the folders?

Well the folder view will read the images in the folder.  So you can have any folder/poster and it would be presented.  It has nothing to do with the other tabs as they require embedded metadata.  But if Windows show everything and Android does not then there is a issue with the Android system reading the files.  I honestly don't know how much is even read from a nfo file for music.

But the the library structure options are a factor also.

Music folder structure:             

This provides a hint to the library scanner about the way your folders are organized. If you're unsure, or if your folders don't exactly match one of the options, then please select the default option of Other.

What are your Music library settings?