Unwatched view is actors and not shows/movies

arcsum68
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

arcsum68

OK, I am sure I have done something silly inadvertently, but have no idea how to fix it and my search results are not even close to matching my issue. 

If you can see the screenshot attached, when I go to unwatched I am seeing actors instead of movie/show folders.  In this screenshot you can see some of them to the right, but those are all old.  Not really sure what I did or how to fix it.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the MC app but not the server.  If I change it to watched, its normal.   Help, this is super frustrating. 

I am just trying to get it back to the default view.  

emby issue.png

arcsum68

The latest versions of both. 

EMBY for WMC is Beta (after the reinstall) 3.0.317

Server (it says its the latest in app)  is 3.2

*And thank you, sorry not trying to be rude, just deep in some data for work.

Edited by arcsum68

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, arcsum68 said:

The latest versions of both. 

EMBY for WMC is Beta (after the reinstall) 3.0.317

Server (it says its the latest in app)  is 3.2

But Emby is on 4.6.3.0.  So I would expect there to be major compatibility issues here.

arcsum68

You are correct, sorry I got the version from control panel.

It is the current version, 4.6.3.

Edited by arcsum68

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, arcsum68 said:

You are correct, sorry I got the version from control panel.

It is the current version, 4.6.3.

Thank you, you may want to edit or remove your image above for your WAN.

Devs or other WMC users will have to comment more.

dansblackcat

I've seen this before a long time ago.  I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it.

I'd start with removing the TV library from emby server and then running 'scan media library' and allow it to complete. 

Create a new TV library folder somewhere else on your server and add one or two tv series to it for testing.  Add that to emby and see what happens

Edited by dansblackcat

• Solution

Hi.  This is an issue with mixed content libraries and the newer server versions.  EMC simply doesn't understand them anymore.

My first suggestion would be to convert to type specific libraries instead of mixed content but, if you cannot do that, others have had success with an older server version.

arcsum68

Thanks for that info, I guess I was incorrect in assuming I did something wrong, must have been one of the auto updates. I also noticed last night as I fumbled my way through clicking on actors that my series order was also jacked up and read through THIS thread to find there is an updated EMC client that fixed that issue.

When you say "mixed" content, are you referring to movies and tv shows, or file types?  I have folders that are just for TV and folders that are just for movies.  Both have multiple file types. 

With regard to installation, can anyone point me to a guide, or am I just uninstalling and then copying those files to the same directory?  Not finding any info on what the expectations are. 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, arcsum68 said:

When you say "mixed" content, are you referring to movies and tv shows, or file types?  I have folders that are just for TV and folders that are just for movies.  Both have multiple file types. 

Were the libraries create with specific content type or Mixed?  Can you show how they appear on the server Dashboard-Library.

arcsum68

True story, I had typed up that response but did not submit because I was in the process of figuring things out when Chrome crashed on me and apparently when it restored all the tabs it must have posted.  Sorry for that. 

They are in fact mixed, but I do not recall setting them up that way and would have had no reason to do that since I have always had them setup in different folders and I have been running this way for a long time.  Was this perhaps something that did not previously exist and as the server was updated I was just migrated to a mixed type?

In any case, I decided to just delete and create all my libraries with the correct type, yeah I could have changed them, but this has frustrated me for too long and I just wanted everything to be as clean as possible.  So far so good, I have my sort order fixed and the thumbnails are working properly.

Now I just need to figure out why its taking so long to load up all of the sudden.

Thanks for the help!  I will mark ebr's post as the solution.  Very happy to be past that. 

arcsum68

Update: Changed to find server automatically and it loads up quickly.  Odd though since I had tried both manually pointing to my IP, loopback, and using the pin to select my server.  *Both the client and the server are on the same PC.

I will take the speed, but still wonder how its any faster than specifically pointing to the IP. 

54 minutes ago, arcsum68 said:

I will take the speed, but still wonder how its any faster than specifically pointing to the IP. 

Were you using the internal or external IP address?  If on the same machine, "localhost" should have worked as well.

4 hours ago, arcsum68 said:

I used the internal IP (reserved) and 127.0.0.1.  Is that correct?

You can only use that on the server machine. You won't be able to use that from other devices. You'll need the LAN ip address to use from other devices on your network.