Xunbuntu. "No compatible streams are currently available" - Library on USB disk attached to Router.

arst06db

arst06db

Hi

I have a USB drive containing my music library (mostly mp3) attached to my router, and created a share on the router.

I have installed Emby Server on my laptop so I can pick up streams from my TV and other devices, at least that was my hope. 

In the server web interface  I have added the library and it has catalogued all folders and tracks.  It will not play anything in the web interface giving me the error

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

On my TV, again I can browse the folder structure but when I try to play a track I get a network error message.

On VLC on my phone, I get an error message.

Thee is a DLNA server on the router and this gives me the catalogue AND I can play the music files on my TV and phone.  It has a file limitation however which is why I looked to use EMBY.

Now, please be gentle - I have no idea what the f*** I'm doing most of the time so hand-holding is required.

I have searched and seen this message has been encountered before but on NAS drives etc.  I know it's similar but ...

It may be a permissions thing but I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

arst06db
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Hi

I attach a screenshot of the error happening - you can see that Emby has catalogued the folders and files, just when I click a file to play in the Emby Server web UI that I get this message.  I'm assuming (hoping) that if this error can be fixed then the solution will allow playback on other devices.

I also attach the system log.

Thanks.

Screenshot_2021-06-30_12-20-24.png

embyserver.txt

arst06db
12 minutes ago, XcOM9876 said:

Be handy to know what router are you using to

TP-Link Archer VR-400

I used to have the HDD attached to an old pc running Serviio as the DLNA server.  That old PC had to go to make space for "working from home" kit so I attached the HDD to the router.  The DLNA server in the router has limitations, but as a file share it's absolutely fine.

XcOM9876

I see quite a few errors relating to the content in the logs, error 500 which is internal server error and error 204 which is no content success, are you able to access the content and play it on a PC from the routers share?

Someone else might be able to dig in to the logs more than me.

arst06db
4 hours ago, XcOM9876 said:

I see quite a few errors relating to the content in the logs, error 500 which is internal server error and error 204 which is no content success, are you able to access the content and play it on a PC from the routers share?

Someone else might be able to dig in to the logs more than me.

Yes, no problem at all playing from the share.  I can also play from the DLNA server built into the router.

Happy2Play

Dozens of topic with Emby and smb path issues.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:49 PM, Happy2Play said:

Best guess is Emby's problem with smb path. But others more familiar with the platform may be able to comment more.

From multiple other topics with smb issues.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:33 AM, Luke said:

Hi, instead of adding the smb path into Emby directly, try mounting it to a local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby Server. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/86069-nvidia-shield-server-unsuccesful-scan/&do=findComment&comment=1039048

2021-06-30 08:33:45.291 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for smb://archer_vr400/BuffaloMusic(sda1)
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.3.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Linux version 5.8.0-59-generic (buildd@lcy01-amd64-022) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04) 9.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #66~20.04.1-
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: Failed to connect to server
       at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect0()
       at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Exists()
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.AssertDirectoryExists(SmbFile file, String path)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive)
       at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path)
       at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    SharpCifs.Util.Sharpen.UnknownHostException: ARCHER_VR400<20>
       at SharpCifs.Netbios.NbtAddress.DoNameQuery(Name name, IPAddress svr)
       at SharpCifs.UniAddress.GetAllByName(String hostname, Boolean possibleNtDomainOrWorkgroup)
       at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.GetFirstAddress()
       at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect()
       at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect0()

Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void Connect0()

image.gif

Hi @arst06db Hi, instead of adding the smb path into Emby directly, try mounting it to a local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby Server. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

arst06db
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @arst06db Hi, instead of adding the smb path into Emby directly, try mounting it to a local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby Server. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

I deleted the library and added it using the ip address so rather than

smb://archer_vr400/buffalomusic(sda1)/

I used

\\192.168.1.1/BuffaloMusic(sda1)

It's currently cataloguing but the spot checks I have done so far allow me to play songs within the Emby Server UI.  I have also tried to play the same songs via the DLNA media player (not Emby - LG's own) on the TV - and successful there too.

Doesn't look like I have to create a local share to map the network drive to as suggested - which is handy 'cos less gubbins to mess up.

I'll let it finish building and do some more testing before I sign this as solved, but hopeful ...

• Like 1