Saw this on AVS Forum

lja

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 viewpost.gif
Yes, the status can be gotten from the plex server. I've done enough research /testing to determine that it can be done in the way you describe. The nice thing is that it won't matter which plex client you use. I did my testing using an old roku running the plex client. I will be making a plex plug in for movie poster when time permits. .. I'm actually considering moving from xbmc to either plex or mediabrowser3 for my own theater.
This is great news meyer! Although XBMC has great plugins (MoviePoster and Cinema Experience), I have never been a fan of XBMC because I haven't been able to get it to work as reliably as Plex. I have also been doing some experimenting with media browser 3. I wish MB3 had an Apple TV plugin like plex connect. MB3 just doesn't seem as friendly to apple devices.

fantaxp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 viewpost.gif
Yes, the status can be gotten from the plex server. I've done enough research /testing to determine that it can be done in the way you describe. The nice thing is that it won't matter which plex client you use. I did my testing using an old roku running the plex client. I will be making a plex plug in for movie poster when time permits. .. I'm actually considering moving from xbmc to either plex or mediabrowser3 for my own theater.
This is great news meyer! Although XBMC has great plugins (MoviePoster and Cinema Experience), I have never been a fan of XBMC because I haven't been able to get it to work as reliably as Plex. I have also been doing some experimenting with media browser 3. I wish MB3 had an Apple TV plugin like plex connect. MB3 just doesn't seem as friendly to apple devices.

Ipad app works great. Also the iphone app.