Unable to play complete albums

Tipuana

Tipuana

Hi - Have done that and the problem remains the same.  It doesn't matter what the the m3u file is called, if it's there it stops the album playing. 

I noticed that one of the .m3us I deleted didn't have a name at all, just <blank>.m3u.  So I tried that.  Still the same problem.

I tried a couple more things.  I deleted that m3u and replaced it with the m3u from a different album.   Problem still exactly the same.

And then, I opened one in notepad and discovered the m3u file is just a text file which contains a track list.  So, I created a blank text file and renamed it as .m3u and inserted that in the album.  I think you can guess the rest.  Album locked up.

So anything with .m3u suffix will screw things up (at least on my system) irrespective of title, contents, or anything else.

Hope that helps - though I suspect not much.

Still a mystery as to why the m3u files don't cause a problem on your installation though.

What screen are you trying to start playing from? Can you please show a screenshot? Thanks !

Tipuana

I don't know what the page is called, but here's a screen shot. The folder at the top of the track list "Abbey Road" is the .m3u file.Screenshot_20210704_085705_com_mb.android.thumb.jpg.09329f35d76d3eea207a8d341077ede9.jpg

OK So this is plain folder view. Have you tried using the albums view? When you first go into your music library, click the Albums heading up top.

Tipuana

In Albums view there isn't any problem, but for me (and I suspect very many others) Albums view isn't a viable option because of the size of their collections.  I have over 3000 albums and others have more.  However, as I said in an earlier message, for me the problem no longer exists.  I just deleted all the m3u files and all fixed.  I think, out of 3000 albums, I only found 4 .m3u files.  So this isn't a problem that's going to arise very often.  A bit tricky to find, but now you guys have the answer for the next time.  Tks for the help.  If you need me to do anything else let me know.

• Like 1