Server stops functioning after Ceton Install

DrJekle

DrJekle

I have had a Ceton tuner for some while now, but recently my server started acting up.  I did a complete fresh install of windows and installed all drivers.  But after every time I install the ceton the server stops functioning.  I can restart the server but i cannot access even when I right click and go to "configure media browser".  The ceton install also prevents me from opening the classic configurator as well.  Here are log files from before and after a ceton install, I'm kinda stuck with what trouble shooting to perform next so any help is grateful.

server-63544588642.txt

server-63544589809.txt

hard to say as there's no errors in the server log. i'd try changing server ports. since you've already changed from the default, make sure there's no collisions.

overClocked!

I have had a Ceton tuner for some while now, but recently my server started acting up. I did a complete fresh install of windows and installed all drivers. But after every time I install the ceton the server stops functioning. I can restart the server but i cannot access even when I right click and go to "configure media browser". The ceton install also prevents me from opening the classic configurator as well.

Which Ceton tuner model are you using and what are your computer setup specs? Also, are you installing the Ceton network tuner component? Depending on your model, be aware that using the network tuner causes your network adapter to bridge with the Ceton device, creating a totally new bridged adapter, usually with a different IP address. If you don't need to use multiple tuners across different media center installations on your local area network, then I recommend not installing the network tuner option during the install. It will allow you more control over your network adapter settings when you bind services to your IP. address.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the Ceton6 PCI.  I did not install the network tuner as I did not need to share tuners with multiple computers.  I ended up just getting a motherboard and that seems to have done the trick.  Perhaps a bad PCI connection or something bad on the board it self :(