Original Subdued Theme questions

Luke

I have some suggestions and requests... At work ATM, I will fire up MBC today after I get off work and refresh my memory. I'm so glad you took on Subdued.

Cheesegeezer

Great to hear that Xzener!! That annoys me that there is no logo for Olympus has Fallen. Hasnt no one made one yet lol!!

Zxener - put some rotation on that case. The perspective is messing with my mind... :)

Haha! I chose 0 rotation so Crystals open cover animation looked nice... But MBT has come leaps and bounds, been using it over MBC (Sorry Ebr). I think you are right, It does throw me for a loop.

Regarding wanting the Olympus has Fallen logo, why don't you just use the HD logos instead? That's what I do when they're there and there isn't a clear logo and they work just the same - infact it would be a good thing to have MBS check HD logos when there isn't a clear logo as it's quite often the case.

http://fanart.tv/fanart/movies/117263/hdmovielogo/olympus-has-fallen-513388ec55c97.png

Nice tip Steven Just updated my post with a resized version of the hd one (much nicer than the one I had) 

For info the hd ones are 2x bigger so it may require a resize .

Tifuk, I think it's generally ok with them being larger as the ratio is equal so they look just the same as if you did reduce them to 400. Many that I create myself I leave quite large without issues..

But of course, to be perfect they should be 400x155

CWNashvegas

Cheese - The Subdued tutorials will be squeezed in among the overall "Media Browser Documentation Project of 2013" and since I don't yet have all the screens I need to take for them anyway, I've been thinking about what Luke said earlier. Even though he's focused on MBT, it got me wondering - what exactly would be involved in modifying the theme defaults that Rob set? I've gone through all of the accessible files, and I can't quite pinpoint where the view settings are. At this point, I can make global font changes and adjust the title panel by two pixels and set the fade alpha precisely, but I'm positively stumped on the individual view settings.

I was just thinking if it's not too much work, maybe we can improve the defaults a bit. Rob did a great job giving users what they wanted, and you've done amazing work in moving it forward, but I really want the influx of new users to get a taste of its potential when they first try it out. As a Subdued user, I know that the distance between "default" and "awesome" isn't that wide, and I can set it up with my preferred views in less than 5 minutes. But when working on the tutorials, I installed it fresh on my laptop so I could see it through a new user's eyes, and it's good, but it doesn't really shine the way it could.

Yes, I keep saying "we" even though I don't yet know if this is even something I can help with, but I try to own my ideas whenever possible. I just need you to tell me if I'm asking too much (ie, it's packaged in that dll file), or if I've missed something in those config files that I can muck about with.

PS - Earlier in the thread, CBers was talking about the clock / config icon being under the WMC control overlay. Has the checkbox to move it up / down not always been there? I thought it's always been there, because I could swear I used it when I installed it on my Duo last year, but I could be imagining things. Am I imagining things? 

Cheesegeezer

I'm with you on this CW, It should be better as default rather than having to fiddle.  When the theme installs it adds all of the mcml "styles" in its folder.   I'll need to have a think.  

Sorry not replied sooner, I'm still working offshore and I've just been rammed with work, but I may get a couple of days to look over this.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
politby

As discussed in another topic I am posting my Swedish localized strings xml for Subdued. 

Subdued-strings-sv.xml

The only things I could not figure out were the titles of the configuration pages, e.g. "Subdued Views" and the selection values, e.g. "None". These seem to be hardcoded or at least not in the subdued-strings-xx files.

This is, of course, on nitpick level, but it would be great if I could get to those too.

subduedgeneral.png

subduedviews.png

subduedcoverwall.png