Casting to Chromecast (2nd Gen?) - Shows "Ready to Cast" then only black screen.

MelendezHome

MelendezHome

Running a server from my PC - usually casts to various devices around the house. Generally no problems. However, one Chromecast in my office room, after the Ready to Cast splash screen, just turns black and doesn't play video or audio. The overlay will come up, but the stream never starts. Log attached. Thanks.

ffmpeg-transcode-15dec1c2-4d7d-470b-a3fa-41f20384b7c3_1.txt

Hi, If you have multiple Chromecasts you could try switching 2 of them.

That would help diagnostic wise to see if the problem stays with the room or follows the device.  This could possibly show a WIFI issue.

You can check the firmware/software versions of two devices as well to see if there is a difference between them as well.

Edited by cayars

MelendezHome
On 6/27/2021 at 11:46 AM, cayars said:

Hi, If you have multiple Chromecasts you could try switching 2 of them.

That would help diagnostic wise to see if the problem stays with the room or follows the device.  This could possibly show a WIFI issue.

You can check the firmware/software versions of two devices as well to see if there is a difference between them as well.

The only other Chromecast I have is the new CCwGTV, and it's jokes up through an Ethernet adapter. No other issues on other devices around the house, though. 

Edited by MelendezHome
I'm a dummy and edited the wrong comment.

MelendezHome
On 7/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, Luke said:

Hi @MelendezHome, please attach the corresponding emby server log as well. thanks.

Thanks @Luke - sorry I didn't see your response earlier. I have migrated my server to an RPi 3b... Getting the same problem with that single device. I will recreate the issue and get both new logs uploaded here.

Edit: I should also note that I have my library set for automatic conversion so the files are stream friendly.

Edited by MelendezHome
Adding info

I will recreate the issue and get both new logs uploaded here.

Great, thanks !