Jump to content

Option to disable folder section.


ONYX MEDIA
 Share

Recommended Posts

ONYX MEDIA

please please please can we have the option to remove this folder tab from showing up, it is useless to anyone apart from the person actually putting the movie/tv shows/music etc together. when sharing with family and friends they are all confused on why this is here and for the older generation that dont deal in much tech they just want to have a simple navigation, having this confuses people and then makes it hard to explain to them each time. 

I choose this type of theme for everyone to use because it didnt have this bar on top and now this is also included along with every other theme. if it can be added surely it can have the option to be removed ? 

 

Untitled.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, there's currently no way, but this idea has come up before and it's possible for the future. thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ONYX MEDIA
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, there's currently no way, but this idea has come up before and it's possible for the future. thanks.

is it possible to remove the whole tab then for this theme as it wasn't on there before ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play

Folder tab has existed for several major releases.  I would have to dig to find a version that did not have it.  Now if you has a client that was missing it that may be another story.

Edited by Happy2Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

so it can be added but not removed mmm okay 🙄

It was added over years ago.  So what client did you not see it in?  But yes it use to be broke in TV Mode.

But there has never been options to hide any tab.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ONYX MEDIA
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Folder tab has existed for several major releases.  I would have to dig to find a version that did not have it.  Now if you has a client that was missing it that may be another story.

heyy happy2play, 

I have alway used the beta versions so should always have the latest and bugs if any lol. i personally use the pc version emby theatre with the horizontal theme 

edit 

and it wasnt showing up yesterday but now is, cant the tv mode be broken again maybe 🤔 

Edited by ONYX MEDIA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

heyy happy2play, 

I have alway used the beta versions so should always have the latest and bugs if any lol. i personally use the pc version emby theatre with the horizontal theme 

At least in the Browser I do not see a Folders tab in Horizontal mode.  So @Lukewas folder tab added to Horizontal with the tab fix in ET?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ONYX MEDIA

also @Luke bit off topic lol but is the Feature Request Tracking Thread still be updated ? if not i would be more than happy to keep it updated ? 

Edited by ONYX MEDIA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

also @Luke bit off topic lol but is the Feature Request Tracking Thread still be updated ? if not i would be more than happy to keep it updated ? 

I'm not sure because it's kind of a duplication of effort considering you can also just sort the threads by existing topics on various factors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ONYX MEDIA
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm not sure because it's kind of a duplication of effort considering you can also just sort the threads by existing topics on various factors.

ahhh okay no problem just thought i would ask and offer some help if it wasnt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, ebr said:

 

But it is a change, as my understanding is Horizontal view never had this tab and now it does on ET.  I see this does not exist in a Browser on Horizontal view.  

So is this a expected change in behavior or not? @Luke

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you mean the web app there's no server update that has these changes yet but it will be coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you mean the web app there's no server update that has these changes yet but it will be coming.

That's right as it was always limited to 7 tabs to users use to this view would have never seen the tab.  Looking at 4.5 it was actually there as it showed 7 tabs and now we have 9.

Edited by Happy2Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

That's right as it was always limited to 7 tabs to users use to this view would have never seen the tab.  Looking at 4.5 it was actually there as it showed 7 tabs and now we have 9.

Yes, exactly right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...