Emby Activity logs, alerts, cache cannot be cleared

scatman44

scatman44

i have emby installed on my wd pr4100 and the emby app is storing all the  Activity logs, alerts etc on the nas and there seems to be no way to clear or remove them built into emby and no way to change the save location and you cannot access these files through the nas so i now have 8 months of these files building up and up and no way to clear or stop them and they do not self clear after time.

is there anyway to change the save location for these and to get emby to remove them

any help please my drives will fill up with this stuff.

my setup is wd pr4100 running raid 5 with 4 drives, emby app install on the nas and access through windows 10 on laptop

Happy2Play

Sorry but logs are cleaned up daily removing anything over 3 days old.  But Activity and Alerts are a database (activity.db.) and cache is clean up for anything older then 30 day (hidden scheduled task accessible via the api) and of course recreated as you need a cache.

So I am not truly understanding a issue as I have a activity log/db going back to 2016 that is only almost 5MB.  But you can shutdown Emby and delete the database it you truly need to, but you have to get to it on your NAS.  

As for custom log location if has been ask for in the past but has not happened yet.  If you want less then 3 days of logs you can modify your system.xml but it is a matter of getting to that location also.  <LogFileRetentionDays>3</LogFileRetentionDays>

I would assume the WD is like all other NAS and you have to ssh to get to files.

Edited by Happy2Play

scatman44

i am grateful for your reply,

it is just a matter of removing them from the nas and changing save location as you can do with the cache, but the nas does not allow access to the files so i was hoping it could be done through emby itself or at least cleared,

how would i modify and where would i find the system.xml as its an emby app installed on the nas,

sorry to be a pain just been trying to do this for weeks, and since the nas has been updated to os5 you can no longer access the root files etc through putty/winscp etc which is why i hoped it was possible through emby itself.

also i notice if you uninstall emby it does not clear or remove the cache or logs or alerts etc from the nas, tried that also

i can see this being more of a problem than its worth, just wish i could let it go .... lol

Edited by scatman44

• 2 weeks later...