Some Files Will Not Play

Steverido

Steverido

Hey Guys,

Some of the files in Emby Theatre will not play. So when I access the TV programme and click play, I get the circle spinning and it does not play even if I leave it running for a while. I have checked if it is an access issue to the server but this is fine because other tv programmes play. Seems to be MKV files.

This is the file of one that will not play - Mare of Easttown - S01E04 -  720p AMZN WEB-DL DDP5 1 H 264-TEPES mkv-xpost-thumb.mkv

Other file - Queen of the South - S05E07 - El Zorro en La Gallinera 720p AMZN WEB-DL DDP5 1 H 264-NTb mkv-xpost.mkv

Both are Windows 10 custom built PC and a branded laptop

Strange thing is other MKV files play in seasons of other tv programmes.

These files also play on Emby for IOS and Emby on my Amazon Fire TV.

Any ideas please?

embyserver.txt embyserver.txt

These are invalid files.  Your log has entries like this:

ffprobe failed for file:"G:\Film & TV\To Watch\Mare of Easttown\The.Sopranos.Season.1.S01.720p.HEVC.x265.Crazy4ad\The Sopranos Season 1 S01 720p HEVC x265 Crazy4ad\The.Sopranos.S01E02.720p.HEVC.x265.Crazy4ad.mkv" - streams and format are both null: 

It could just be the headers that are messed up and a remux or running them through MKVToolNix could fix them.

But either way this is something you'll need to fix outside of Emby with a tool built for this OR just replace the files with another version.

Steverido
14 hours ago, cayars said:

These are invalid files.  Your log has entries like this:

ffprobe failed for file:"G:\Film & TV\To Watch\Mare of Easttown\The.Sopranos.Season.1.S01.720p.HEVC.x265.Crazy4ad\The Sopranos Season 1 S01 720p HEVC x265 Crazy4ad\The.Sopranos.S01E02.720p.HEVC.x265.Crazy4ad.mkv" - streams and format are both null: 

Okay but what does that mean please? What do I need to do to rectify this?

Why would the files play on my Emby on ios and Amazon tv?

That means you added invalid/bad media files to Emby. It could be only the header info is bad and they can be easily repaired with a tool such as MKVToolNix or similar.

These still might play back on some clients while not on other clients due to the way each client/platform works.  Some are more tolerant of media issues.

But as a whole when ever you see "streams and format are both null" that's an indication there is a problem with the media.

Steverido
On 30/06/2021 at 14:28, Luke said:

@Steverido has this helped? Is this happening with all files?

Apologies Gents for late response. I found out that my hard drive SATA cable was intermittently failing. I think this was corrupting the files when either downloading or transferring.

Thanks for your help.

Nice find.  Glad you got the problem figured out.

How much of a mess do you have file wise?
Are you just replacing items as you find them?

• 3 weeks later...
Steverido
On 01/07/2021 at 21:49, cayars said:

Nice find.  Glad you got the problem figured out.

How much of a mess do you have file wise?
Are you just replacing items as you find them?

It was only a few series transferring from my home network PC 's. Just replaced them and it was okay again.

• Like 1