Update to DSM 7 has caused issues

ashtonjay

What it be more useful If I redid this with instructions in notepad on the left and being able to see the SSH commands or is it not really that big a deal?

Dedone
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

What it be more useful If I redid this with instructions in notepad on the left and being able to see the SSH commands or is it not really that big a deal?

It's was simple like breath... Thanks to you instructions!!!! 

Banshees
On 6/30/2021 at 5:37 PM, cayars said:

That file name looks like the DSM 6 version of Emby Server, not the DSM 7 version.  Please make sure you download the DSM 7 version.

Seems working now, i download the BETA version of Emby, and it works fine for now. As i didn't add any special thing to Emby, i simply delete the application first, and re-install the new one. Then re-add my to folder (One for TV Show and one for Movies). I was required to provide full right access to Emby Services, otherwise he seem to have issue see the folder.

Than a re-synch, and everything is done.

In the ideal world.. have a place on Emby where we can export setup, than re-import will be nice. The only thing i lost.. was the little picture i add of the user who use my Emby.. i mean my Kids.. i found some LazyKids funny pucture i put there...

mcwn2021
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Glad this worked for you guys.

Did either of you have to differ at all from the instructions?

The only thing was before copying the Emby folder over to @appdata/EmbyServer I made a backup of the existing.. ie.

cd /volume1/@appdata
mv EmbyServer EmbyServer_old

oh and using ssh instead

Edited by mcwn2021
  • Like 1

ng4ever

I still don't get how to update or do it :(

Going to stay on DSM 6 for now.

Until I can redo everything or figure out how to do this. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

I still don't get how to update or do it :(

Going to stay on DSM 6 for now.

Until I can redo everything or figure out how to do this. Thanks.

Really?

Look back one page for instructions I posted that give exact steps.
In the same post is an MKV movie you can download and watch.
So you can literally follow the instructions, watch the movie and pause it at each step as you do it.

Can't really make it much easier than that. :)

ng4ever
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Really?

Look back one page for instructions I posted that give exact steps.
In the same post is an MKV movie you can download and watch.
So you can literally follow the instructions, watch the movie and pause it at each step as you do it.

Can't really make it much easier than that. :)

Ok thanks.

If you get stuck at any spot or are unsure of exactly how to do just send me a PM and I can jump on a remote session with you to help with any steps.

Don't fear the update as long as you follow it.  Watch the movie while looking at the steps done.  The only thing not shown is the two commands used in putty/ssh for copy and chown but the lines are in the instructions.

I'll help you any way I can if you need it.

• Like 3

Victor240

I have DS218 and followed the instructions to the letter.

The problem is that the copying of the files from old Emby share to new data location was taking too long, I think my library is aroung 650GB. So I left the PC on and went to sleep. Unfortunately the PC also went in sleep mode and the connection with Putty was lost. Could that have affected the procces?

In any case, this morning I continued with the next steps but the outcome is not perfect.

• In my NAS I have more used space, do I have the library two times now?
  • Emby settings are not kept, my user is not there and the library is like it's setup from scratch, everything unwatched.

Any ideas?

Hi, yes that could do it but with only 650GB of content I don't think it should take that long. Was that a typo and you meant 650 TB?

In any event I would shut down Emby, go back to Putty and start from the copy process again.  You can adjust your PC to not sleep or power down first to avoid that issue, then change it back later today after you are done with Putty.

Victor240

No it's 650GB, my NAS drives are 2TB. To copy 650GB with let's say an average speed of 60MB/s you need around 3hours, right?

Also, do you have any idea about why I have more used space now? Shouldn't they Putty comands move the files instead of just copy?

In any case, I'll try again and see what happens.

Thank you for your support.

Wait, you shouldn't be coping your content but only the Emby Server configuration folders and files.  This would be the small xml and meta-data info, not the media!

What is the mount point you currently use for the media?

Victor240
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

Wait, you shouldn't be coping your content but only the Emby Server configuration folders and files.  This would be the small xml and meta-data info, not the media!

What is the mount point you currently use for the media?

What excatly do you mean by that? I have a shared folder called "Emby" that has my library inside

As an Example I have shared folders setup for Movies, Music, TV Shows, Home Movies, Sports, etc
This is completely different then the Emby share where Emby Server is installed and holds it's config data.

But it sounds like you have one volume with one share with everything loaded in that spot?

Victor240

Yes exactly, I have one shared folder called Emby and in there there is a folder Movies, another TV shows etc. Also in that shared folder I see other folders like config, data, logs, metadata etc.

43 minutes ago, Victor240 said:

Is there anything I can do now?

I'm currently helping a couple of people but if you can wait about 1 to 1.25 hours I can do a remote session with you and try to help you get straightened out.
Send me a PM if you would like to do this.  Otherwise we can try and help you here in the forum.

• Like 3

Victor240

Yes cayars, that would be great. Let me know when you have time.

In the meantime, if someone has an idea on what to try, that's also welcome!

Download and install AnyDesk on your PC. www.anydesk.com

PM me your ID and be available at the PC in about 30 minutes and I'll connect and give you help.
If that time doesn't work for you just let me know a good time in the PM.

Victor240

Since I have my library in the same folder as the Emby installation, instead of copying everything as this command does,

cp -r /volume1/Emby/* /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer

should I try to copy only the necessary folders? If yes, then which are the necessary folders?

Victor240

Update:

It's finally working.

For future reference, I deleted everything from /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer and then copied again all folders from /volume1/Emby/ except the ones I have my library.

Thank you @cayars