TWiT Plugin broken?

TomEmber
Go to solution Solved by TomEmber,

TomEmber

Hi - I'm having problems getting the TWiT Plugin/Channel to work (btw. the Tunein plugin works Ok)

I'm running Ember Server Version 4.7.0.3 beta, On Synology DSM7

After adding the Plugin & Restarting the Ember Server,
I see TWiT listed in My Media, and 
I can drill-down to the (27) sub categories, but on drilling-down to the individual Show level eg. "Security Now"
I don't see any content 

Any ideas ? 

TWIiT Plugin.jpg

Edited by TomEmber
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

hi @TomEmber please try running the refresh internet channels scheduled task in emby server. Then if there's still a problem, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

TomEmber

Hi @Luke I re-installed the TWiT plugin, and ran the Refresh Internet Channels scheduled task, but no difference - I've got the "Folder-icons", but no "Content"

Here are the 3 logs (7-zipped), that bear today's date stamp ...

In addition to the TWiT problem, I've also noticed that some of my Libraries are showing with a duplicate path
- any ideas on that ?

2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Cirque Du Soleil
2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/The Shows Must Go On
2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Danish National Orchestra
2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Proms & Stuff
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Cirque Du Soleil
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/The Shows Must Go On
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Danish National Orchestra
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Proms & Stuff

EmbyLogs.7z

OK, I've pushed a 3.0.4 update to the twit plugin. Please try that once you have it. Thanks.

In addition to the TWiT problem, I've also noticed that some of my Libraries are showing with a duplicate path
- any ideas on that ?

2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Cirque Du Soleil
2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/The Shows Must Go On
2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Danish National Orchestra
2021-07-13 06:17:29.950 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Proms & Stuff
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Cirque Du Soleil
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/The Shows Must Go On
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Danish National Orchestra
2021-07-13 06:17:30.031 Info App: Found duplicate path: /volume1/Videos/Proms & Stuff

It means you've setup multiple libraries in Emby library setup with overlapping folders and this isn't supported.

TomEmber
47 minutes ago, Luke said:

It means you've setup multiple libraries in Emby library setup with overlapping folders and this isn't supported.

Hi Luke - could you please elaborate on this ?
All my "videos" (ie. non-movies, &  non-TV Shows), are in sub-folders of:

/volume1/videos/ + LibraryName1"
/volume1/videos/ + LibraryName2" etc.

The Video Libraries all display & play Ok in Emby & this is the same folder structure I had when running Plex

You probably also have a library setup with just /volume1/videos

So that's what I mean by overlapping.

TomEmber
1 hour ago, Luke said:

OK, I've pushed a 3.0.4 update to the twit plugin. Please try that once you have it. Thanks.

Hi @Luke I deleted 303 plugin,
Installed 304 plugin
Restarted Emby server, and 
Ran the Refresh Internet Channels scheduled task

I now see a new "Latest TWiT section, and
I can now "drill-down" to TwiT's individual show(s) 
But when I attempt to Play a TWiT show, I get  "Playback Error - No compatible Streams are currently available"

Here are the latest Logs & a screenshot

TWiT v3.0.4.0.jpg

EmbyLogs-2.7z

The video urls coming from the Twit api seem to only point to the web page, not the actual video. That's too bad. We'll look into it, but it may force us to have to retire this plugin.

TomEmber

Thanks @Luke it would be nice to view TWiT via Emby, but I'm sure I can make do, by accessing TWiT from an  alternate platform

Their rss feeds have direct video links so you could just import them into the podcasts plugin:

https://twit.tv/subscribe

In fact now that I've seen that, there's really no need to have this plugin anymore.

• Thanks 1

TomEmber

Hi @Luke I've had a quick play with the Podcast plugin, and (on a Windows  11 PC, and using the EDGE browser & pointing at the Emby server's port 8096) ,
I can play the TWiT podcasts in Ember, either through the top "My Media" section, or down at the bottom, in the "Latest Podcasts" section

I've also tried playback via a Google TV with Chromecast - this does not do so well (see screenshots) ...
If I start at the My Media section, and drill-down, I just get a blank screen
However, if I try to play from the Latest Podcasts section, it does play Ok

Continuing on the Latest Podcasts subject, 
On my PC & via a browser, I can select the "Latest Podcasts" heading, and change the sort order etc, 
Also on the Right-hand side of the screen, there's a "See All" clickable heading
On Google TV with Chromecast, the "Latest Podcasts" is not selectable / clickable, and the "See All" is missing

Google TV with Chromecast.jpg

Latest Podcasts.jpg

Edited by TomEmber

TomEmber

A typo - sorry for the confusion

"Click the main section in the web app" not sure where you mean ?

Web is working fine, it's Google TV that's problematic

• Solution
TomEmber
On 13/07/2021 at 18:37, Luke said:

You probably also have a library setup with just /volume1/videos

So that's what I mean by overlapping.

Correct ! - one of my libraries had an extra folder with a path just like you suspected

TomEmber
17 hours ago, TomEmber said:

Web is working fine, it's Google TV that's problematic

Hi @Lukeas this thread has now shifted off-topic, from the TWiT plugin, to the Podcast plugin
Would you like me to open a new thread about the Podcast plugin when running on the Google TV & Chromecast platform?

Edited by TomEmber