AU8000 - App and Playback

gbone8106

gbone8106

No new  firmware yet, last one was June , 1506.00 , I'll try that demo and let you know 

FrostByte

I'm seeing firmware 1577.3 released on 1 July in the US.  You might need to go to the web site and get it if it's not on the update server yet.  Not sure if all countries are on the same version of firmware.

Samsung Download Center: Owner's Manuals, Firmware Updates & Drivers | Samsung US

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 weeks later...
SamES
On 07/07/2021 at 20:50, gbone8106 said:

I'll try that demo and let you know 

Did you try the demo file?

FrostByte

Also, remux the file using mkvtoolnix.  Very well could be a bad header.  I've seen many posts out there that a lot of the Disney+ stuff had issues which were fixed with a  remux.

gbone8106

yes I did try remuxing with mkvtoolnix, and also also removed the subs, just in case. Had the same result.  This is one of the lower bit rate 4k HDR files I have and it occurs also on files from other services. Only occurs on direct play, on other files with TrueHD/ATMOS it will directsream(Video-direct and Audio-Transcode) it will play fine. just not direct AC3 or EAC3 with 4k HDR. Which is odd.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Did you try the demo SamES mentioned also?

Is there a possibility you could post a sample somewhere and give us a link in PM?  If it plays fine on mine then there may be something which changed with 2021s.  If not then we have something to work with too.

gbone8106

Sent you and Luke a link to sample, wasn't able to try the demo SamES mentioned as it said too many users have downloaded it recently. definitely think its something with 2021 and Tizen 6.0, didn't have this issue with TU8000 which was 2020 Tizen 5.5.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte

Got it, thanks.  Plays fine with my 2018/Tizen 4 also.  Triggers Atmos and everything sounds good.

We'll see when SamES gets back.  He's in AU so not sure when he'll be back.

gbone8106

right, I have an HU8550 with one connect box, plays great, and also the same with the 2020 TU8000, Damn 2021s🤨

• Like 1

SamES
3 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Did you try the demo SamES mentioned also?

Is there a possibility you could post a sample somewhere and give us a link in PM?  If it plays fine on mine then there may be something which changed with 2021s.  If not then we have something to work with too.

I can post you a link to the demo, I know it works, so if it doesn’t play for you then yes, something is different on 2021 models, although no one else has raised this yet.  I’ve looked in the Samsung dev site but there is no mention of any changes in playback on 2021 models. 

It’s a bit brutal, but you could try a full factory reset on the tv. I have seen some issues in the past on LG and Samsung where this has resolved it. 

• Like 1

gbone8106

Ok that demo file plays great. tried factory reset, and still has same choppy playback results.

gbone8106

Oh SamES, was going back through the thread, saw you had a question on July 6th; Yes its all 4K content with AC3 or EAC3 that is direct play. Do you think it might be possible to try a build with  'SET_MODE_4K' ? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Edited by gbone8106

SamES
3 hours ago, gbone8106 said:

Oh SamES, was going back through the thread, saw you had a question on July 6th; Yes its all 4K content with AC3 or EAC3 that is direct play. Do you think it might be possible to try a build with  'SET_MODE_4K' ? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

It is built with SET_MODE_4K but that is now deprecated and no longer required. 

3 hours ago, gbone8106 said:

Ok that demo file plays great. 

Can you confirm that it was DirectPlay?  

gbone8106

Yes Direct Play confirmed, also found out it not just 4k ; Noticed the same on some other files that are 1080p but HEVC/H265 with AC3 or EAC3. That 4k demo file has Vorbis audio.

Edited by gbone8106
  • Like 1

gbone8106

Ok that file plays fine. I also tried an HEVC file without any sound and it played choppy. so I definitely think it has to do just with HEVC direct play, although, they weirdest part is that if I play an HEVC file that needs to direct stream (TRUEHD convert to AC3) that is the only time it will play smooth, as I understand the only audio is being changed. I wonder if the Tizen AV Player handles the direct stream differently than Direct Play for HEVC content. Server is beta 4.7.0.3 btw.

Edited by gbone8106

gbone8106

Another update, I tried the same HEVC 4k and 1080p files that have choppy playback; on the web player from my PC that is 4K and HEVC  capable with GTX 1070, the playback exhibits the same choppy playback on the webplayer with direct play as it does on the samsung app. Starting to think this is a server version issue. Any Ideas how I could try to downgrade 4.7.0.2 (windows server) or lower to see if it makes a difference?

Edited by gbone8106

SamES
7 minutes ago, gbone8106 said:

Starting to this this is a server version issue.

If you are DirectPlay then the server really doesn't do much other than give the url to the client.

I would have initially said networking issue but you are suing the same wired network as the TU8000 without any issues, correct?  Maybe there is an issue with the lan connection on the TV?   Can you try wireless?  There is also a 'Reset Network'  option on the TV (instead of a full factory reset)

On the server, make sure the '(Optional) Shared network folder' in the Library path settings is blank for these files.  Then run a Library scan

image.thumb.png.947bc68148aa09c684cf8cf323e8e91c.png

gbone8106

Yes,   I have tried wireless and Wired. Also a side note, I have tried the same playback of those files on the Emby web player, on the server itself, and the playback is choppy. I Noticed some playback tweaks with 4.7.0.3 release notes, thats why I'm wondering if  4.7.0.2 (windows server) or lower would be possible to try real quick to see if it makes a difference.

and shared network is blank also

also , I tried the Emby theater app from MS store on the server itself and another pc, and it plays direct play smooth; seems to be just the web player samsung tv app maybe with 4.7.0.3 .  

Edited by gbone8106