Emby identify wrong movie / cant find right one

kekkuli1

kekkuli1

Hi!

I have one problem. Sometimes emby cant fint right movie. Example i added The Killer (1989) and emby didnt find that all. If i click identify and then add information there is no movie at all. With right name and year i cant find right movie. If i check id from themoviedb and add that id then it works. So why this doesn t work. Naming doesnt matter because i did try that too.

I will add log too if that helps. 

image.png.21104d1982dc6825bb94f1c7f90a81f1.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by kekkuli1

So why this doesn t work. 

Because look at the screenshot. The correct year according to your metadata provider that you've enabled is 1988, not 1989.

kekkuli1

1989 is correct not 1988. So is there solution for this? Some other movies have same problem. I can correct these manually now but like to know how to fix this.

Edited by kekkuli1

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, kekkuli1 said:

Hi!

I have one problem. Sometimes emby cant fint right movie. Example i added The Killer (1989) and emby didnt find that all. If i click identify and then add information there is no movie at all. With right name and year i cant find right movie. If i check id from themoviedb and add that id then it works. So why this doesn t work. Naming doesnt matter because i did try that too.

I will add log too if that helps.

image.png.21104d1982dc6825bb94f1c7f90a81f1.png

embyserver.txt 3.84 MB · 1 download

This is another topic on this but it is do the initial query only reading page 1 and there is 21 pages of results for "The Killer"

"total_pages": 21,
    "total_results": 406

You see the same issue on their web site.

the killer — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)

Emby does a secondary search for year via the returned json but since all pages are not gotten Emby does not see the proper result as exact search is not done ie with "&year=1998"

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=The+Killer&year=1998

@Lukesame discussion here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99333-identifizieren-von-deutschen-filmnamen

kekkuli1

Okay thanks a lot this helps some. I just correct those movies manually for now. Thanks for fast reply.

Happy2Play

Note your movie actually appears on page 8 of 21.

kekkuli1
36 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Note your movie actually appears on page 8 of 21.

Yes it is there.