Specials dont appear in “Next Episodes” section/node

rodainas

rodainas

To make some context, if I watch some special in any emby client and stop at the middle of the episode, that special appears on home “Continue Watching section”. But in the addon equivalent “Next Episodes” section/node, that special doesnt show up, the only place it currently shows up is the “In Progress Episodes” section/node/playlist, but then is redundant for normal episodes that you stop in the middle, because those for sure show up on the “Next Episodes” section/node. I ask this because I use those section as widgets on the Kodi homescreen.

Could this specials be added to the Next Episodes section/node to be more similar to what emby clients show on its homescreen?

Edited by rodainas

Happy2Play

Do you have the option "Display specials within seasons they aired in" enable on Dashboad-Library Advanced tab?

Also do your specials have their proper Airs During and Airs before Episode metadata?

image.png.37f95c4bc35fe2cc0db82dab84de579b.png

Edited by Happy2Play
typo

rodainas

3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Do you have the option "Display specials within seasons they aired in" enable on Dashboad-Library Advanced tab?

Also do your specials have their proper Airs During and Airs before Episode metadata?

image.png.37f95c4bc35fe2cc0db82dab84de579b.png

Tricky questions.

To first question yes.

To second question, for some tvshows I have set the displayseason displayepisode fields, for the majority no.

I will show an example with a special I tested. Check “Attack on Titan”

First is emby client, second is emby for kodi, third metadata field.

00008412-9A37-43A0-8041-E7CEF04A6351.png

Capture.PNG

I think if emby client shows that special on Continue Watching (independently if that special has displayseason displayepisode), emby for kodi could show it in Next Episodes node. Its similar to when you play the first episode of a tv show and stop at the middle (that episode is really not a next up one), but emby shows it properly in continue watching and emby for kodi does too, the exception is with specials.

731778CA-455F-4C12-A338-AA048211ADBC.png

Edited by rodainas

quickmic
1 hour ago, rodainas said:

Bumping, @quickmicwould this be posible?

I can check, but also depends what kind of specials. I think it makes no sense for "general" specials, could make sense for season tagged specials.

I put it on my list.

• Thanks 1

rodainas

I understand, I ask it because of symmetry with emby server as any partial played video on emby (in the case of tvshows: apart from the next episodes; first episode of a tvshow- this one already covered by emby next gen; specials tagged or not- this one in both cases not covered by emby next gen) appears on the "Continue Watching" entry on the homepage.

Thanks for all the work.

Edited by rodainas