"All items" in collection overrides sort order

crusher11

crusher11

I have an alphabetically sorted collection. It consists exclusively of movies. When I click "all items", it sorts them chronologically. 

Given there's only one type of item it should really default to the all items view but either way it should retain the sort order. 

You can sort the all items view however you wish.  Just use the toolbar on the right.

No, because that really doesn't make sense for a collection (maybe a playlist).

Collections are typically groups of movies where people typically want to find them by Title or Date.

Well, yes, actually it does make sense that it would default to the order set in the collection.  Its just that I'm not sure this is info readily available to the app right now.  You can change it however you want and it will stick, however.

crusher11
On 6/23/2021 at 9:18 PM, cayars said:

No, because that really doesn't make sense for a collection (maybe a playlist).

Collections are typically groups of movies where people typically want to find them by Title or Date.

Yes, and those are the two available sort orders for collections (although I wish they would allow custom ones, for things like the Criterion Ingmar Bergman box set). But if I select Title, it overrides it and uses date. It shouldn't.

Yes, I understand what you're getting at and do agree a custom order would be nice for certain collections!