Library Scan Progress

adrianwi

adrianwi

There used to be a progress bar (circle) when starting a manual scan from the Library settings.  There was a Photo scan running when the screenshot below was taken, with no progress bar.

image.thumb.png.c48b8103face6cf3975138cffcc93ac3.png

It's nice that this now appears on the Home screen (below) but can we have it back on the Library page?

image.thumb.png.8711e9f28a2ec5809511f2defefb42f6.png

Thanks

Happy2Play

Pretty sure it is just a timing or screen refresh issue.

image.png.ce8969eed35e7c95c3d377dea60c657c.png

adrianwi

It might be a timing or screen refresh issue but I used to see it everytime I started a manual scan, and now I don't.

Spaceboy

doesnt wrok for me unless i refresh the screen in the dashboard either. Windows server, latest beta. been this way a month or so

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
adrianwi

Yes, although I've just recreated my jail following the latest FreeBSD post so will see if this fixes it and report back.

On 8/19/2021 at 3:45 PM, adrianwi said:

Yes, although I've just recreated my jail following the latest FreeBSD post so will see if this fixes it and report back.

Great, thanks.

adrianwi

No, this still isn't working me for after recreating the jail using the new instructions.

• 3 months later...

There is no online service. Everything is still direct from browser to your server. Can you try it?

adrianwi

I'm confused.  If I go to http://app.emby.media, manually enter my server address (either from FQDN or internal IP) and run a library scan, I see the progress circle and percentage.

How is that different than to going directly to my server from the FQDN or IP address from a browser window, which doesn't do this?

And I've just connect to my emby server using http://app.emby.media and direct using the FQDN in two different tabs on Chrome.  I started a library scan on app.emby.media and it didn't show the progress circle, but when I switched to the browser tab with my FQDN connection the progress circle was displayed!  

Edited by adrianwi

Happy2Play

Normally the online web client is a different version then your installed web client.

17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Normally the online web client is a different version then your installed web client.

Exactly, it is newer.

adrianwi

They both show 4.6.7.0, albeit in slight different places.  app.emby.media is also less secure.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 17.45.39 pm.png