Panasonic TV - Help Please (Noob)

Robnaeyaert

Robnaeyaert

Hello quick question please.

I have a friend whom I've granted access to on my Emby Server and they are not in my city so they have tried to connect to my Emby Server with their Panasonic TV (see photo) and they cant get it to connect.  It gives them a PIN number but that's all.  They have no way to 'log in'.

I have never used this on a Panasonic TV so I'm not sure it works.  This user can use their Mobile iOS app to connect to my media so we know the username works etc - they just cant get the TV to connect.

Could someone please let me know if we're doing something wrong here? 

Again I've never used this on a TV and I cant visit them.

Cheers Rob 

Screenshot 2021-06-23 192016.png

Happy2Play

I can assume they have a Connect username attached to a local user account on your server correct?

Did they go to the url on the screen and input their Connect user, password and the pin? 

If not using Connect there should be a option to manually configure a direct connection to your server (but not familiar with the client).

Robnaeyaert
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I can assume they have a Connect username attached to a local user account on your server correct?

Did they go to the url on the screen and input their Connect user, password and the pin? 

If not using Connect there should be a option to manually configure a direct connection to your server (but not familiar with the client).

Thanks - Yes they have a Connect username attached to a local user account on my server.

I'm not sure they visited the URL on the screen as they are not very 'tech savy'.  I have also never done this so I assume once they visit that URL, and enter that code they will be able to connect to my server?

Happy2Play
Just now, Robnaeyaert said:

Thanks - Yes they have a Connect username attached to a local user account on my server.

I'm not sure they visited the URL on the screen as they are not very 'tech savy'.  I have also never done this so I assume once they visit that URL, and enter that code they will be able to connect to my server?

Correct

Robnaeyaert
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Correct

thanks - sorry for the dumb question and thanks for the help.  I don the this TV to test this.

Cheers again.