Remote connection not working

monrocks

monrocks

I am running my emby server on a HP laptop using windows 1o and a Linksys router. I have tried everything I've read in forums to get remote service working. The only thing I can think is I have my port forwarding wrong. Does this look right? If so, any ideas.

1624403583915993115220880857652.jpg

rbjtech

You only need TCP but BOTH will work fine (UDP & TCP)

To me that looks ok - so if you have a matching firewall rule - then it's likely CGNAT - take a look in this extract from the link @cayars provided.

"You could also be blocked by your ISP in something known as a cgNAT (carrier grade Network Address Translation).  One way of spotting this is to open a command prompt and doing a trace route to 8.8.8.8.

On windows it would be: tracert 8.8.8.8

Ignore the first line which will be your own router.  What you want to see is if any of the next 3 or 4 lines start with 10., 192. or 172.  If the first number is a 172 we need to check the second number to see if it's between 16 to 31.  If any of these returned lines matches this you are likely being blocked by your ISP."

btw @cayars in the interests of quality - you have missed the i in the word 'translation' in the wiki ... ;) ..