Subtitles / audio track remembering

AAndy

So in other words, you come here and tell us there is a bug in subtitles that doesn't work for you.  Then you tell us you need special handling of subs because of this. No other reason given.

Would it not be better to fix the problem?  
But you haven't given us any information at all on what your problem with subtitles is.

• Like 1

CBers
4 minutes ago, andrey062006 said:

I need change track with no start playing

Explain your need please.

No-one has ever asked for it before, so the option doesn't exist.

If you explain why you feel that you need to set this on 4000 movies before you play them, then you need to enlighten us, as we may all be doing it wrong.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, cayars said:

So in other words, you come here and tell us there is a bug in subtitles that doesn't work for you.  Then you tell us you need special handling of subs because of this. No other reason given.

Would it not be better to fix the problem?  
But you haven't given us any information at all on what your problem with subtitles is.

I ALREADY DO IT SO MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH 

TO SCOFF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at topic name, I asked not for bug, I asked about function!

5 minutes ago, CBers said:

Explain your need please.

I NEED CHANGE TRACKS MANUALLY WITH NO START PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, CBers said:

No-one has ever asked for it before, so the option doesn't exist.

OK, this means i am an idiot!

7 minutes ago, CBers said:

If you explain why you feel that you need to set this on 4000 movies before you play them, then you need to enlighten us, as we may all be doing it wrong.

Do you know my library? No?! So I already wrote reasons! But you VERY LIKE to scoff and humiliate me, so I wrote u it again: I have more than one user and each user already have personal audio/sub preferences FOR EACH MOVIE! I want to move these choices from plex to emby by simple script, but how was I surprised emby HAS NO THIS BASIS POSIIBILITY! And go for, ask me about that again, you so glad to mock me!

I have more than one user and each user already have personal audio/sub preferences FOR EACH MOVIE! I want to move these choices from plex to emby by simple script

I have more than one user and each user already have personal audio/sub preferences FOR EACH MOVIE! I want to move these choices from plex to emby by simple script

Is this enough clear?

I wrote it again and again almost in each message but you still ask me!

Again, no helpful information given for what was asked.
At this point no one can help you as you won't go over anything specific other than your "wish" request.

The sad part of this is likely that Emby already has the needed functionality to solve the root of your issue, but without giving us the information we keep asking you for we can't help you solve your issue.

There should be no reason to manually adjust 4000 media items for every single person on your system which would be nearly impossible to do or a complete waste of time if the issue can be solved a different way which is what we are trying to get at.

• Like 3

CBers
11 minutes ago, andrey062006 said:

I NEED CHANGE TRACKS MANUALLY WITH NO START PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That functionality is not available in Emby currently.

You could raise a Feature Request to see if the developers can add it, but until then, the only way to do what you want is as people have suggested.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers
  • Agree 4

@CBers, @cayars I forgot one thing! What you can do if your series have more than one audio and subs track and no one audio does not associate with language (language code for audio does not set). And episodes like this is for two seasons. Or if emby fails on start playing with selected subtitles. And if you sent me to mkvmerge - you all are clinically mad! I dont understand why no one of you cant understood simple thing - server (media server) set up for make life is more easy, not heavier! But you.... you are suggest use mkvmerge, especially by script to butch change 4000 movies. Of course, all torrents are contains RIGHT and full description. It seems like you never downloaded torrent files!

Edited by andrey062006

rodainas

your series have more than one audio and subs track and no one audio does not associate with language (language code for audio does not set)

The track appears as und (undefined). Emby cant assign audio language identification if its not provided by the file. Happens when the encoder of the file doesnt set the language code and flags for the file. And here we are again, a task that can be fixed (in the case of mkv files) with mkvpropedit (mkvtoolnix gui) if you dont want the und tag.

Edited by rodainas

2 minutes ago, rodainas said:

your series have more than one audio and subs track and no one audio does not associate with language (language code for audio does not set)

The track appears as und (undefined). Emby cant assign audio language identification if its not provided by the file.

Yes but subtitles in this case is turning on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rodainas
Just now, andrey062006 said:

Yes but subtitles in this case is turning on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happens when you use the no subtitle option in subtitle settings?

rbjtech
30 minutes ago, andrey062006 said:

@CBers, @cayars I forgot one thing! What you can do if your series have more than one audio and subs track and no one audio does not associate with language (language code for audio does not set). And episodes like this is for two seasons. Or if emby fails on start playing with selected subtitles. And if you sent me to mkvmerge - you all are clinically mad! I dont understand why no one of you cant understood simple thing - server (media server) set up for make life is more easy, not heavier! But you.... you are suggest use mkvmerge, especially by script to butch change 4000 movies. Of course, all torrents are contains RIGHT and full description. It seems like you never downloaded torrent files!

lol - but it's ok if your users have no idea what language they are selecting ?  So you are not making their life 'easier' are you ?

If you provide the service - then make the effort to provide the missing info ...

pwhodges

The audio tracks are likely named for the language even if the metadata is missing.

But what I don't get in this discussion is:

(1) Why selecting the desired audio/subtitle tracks before pressing play is so hard;
(2) Why, if Emby won't start with certain subtitles, the OP doesn't report this with useful information so it can get fixed; and
(3) Why, if the OP wants to move to Emby, the repeated assertions that Plex is better! (is this actually trolling on behalf of Plex??)

Paul

PS - 4000 torrented movies is perhaps not something to crow about in a public forum...

PPS: yes, it would be nice if the selections were remembered without playing, but it's not a hill I'd die on.

Edited by pwhodges
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

but it's ok if your users have no idea what language they are selecting ?  So you are not making their life 'easier' are you ?

they are already select audio and subs they are want and for all these settings moves to emby I need this functional!

6 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Why, if Emby won't start with certain subtitles the OP doesn't report this with useful information so it can get fixed; and

READ THE THREAD before post messages like this! I post a link to other thread where I report a problem

7 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Why, if the OP wants to move to Emby, the repeated assertions that Plex is better! (is this actually trolling on behalf of Plex??)

Oh, yes, one basis function, loosing which stop me to moves to emby from plex is the trolling. OK!

9 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Why selecting the desired audio/subtitle tracks before pressing play is so hard;

1. READ THE TREAD, again! (other users are already select audio and subs they are want and for all these settings moves to emby I need this functional!)

2. And on errors:

• Simple set settings at episodes

vs

1. Stop episode
  2. go to next episode manually (not automatically)
  3. set subs
  4. start playing

WHAT IS AN EASIER, smart.... user

Can you please show the Media Info (bottom of the detail screen) for a movie or two?

Again, what subtitles are not working in what client?

3 minutes ago, cayars said:

what subtitles are not working in what client?

AGAIN i dont know how much times I posted link in this thread. ARE YOU BLIND???????????

Hi there @andrey062006, we're happy to help. In order to make this easier for everyone who is trying to help you, let's keep the discussion about your playback failure in the other topic that you already opened, and let's keep this on topic related to remembering track selections for the next time that you're playing. Thanks !

I'm sorry but your link is from another thread not this one, so yes I was blind to it.  That is why I kept asking you for this info.
It's much simple to just answer a question directly or quote an answer if already given.  Remember you might have one issue that's important to you but we deal with hundreds of issues and don't go back and read a whole thread before asking a question.

36 minutes ago, cayars said:

Can you please show the Media Info (bottom of the detail screen) for a movie or two?