Identifizieren von deutschen Filmnamen

RRo100

RRo100

Hallo, ich habe einen neuen Emby Server aufgesetzt und mir ist aufgefallen, das die Zuordnung nicht immer funktioniert, wenn der Film in Deutschland einen anderen Namen hat. Im Beispiel geht es um den Film "Auf der Jagd" von 1998. Wenn ich den Film auf "themoviedb" suche bekomme ich auch den Film als Ergebnis (Film 01 themoviedb).
Wenn ich Emby zum Identifizieren des Films benutzte (Film 01 Identifizieren), bekomme ich ein unzufriedenstellendes Ergebnis. Hat jemand eine gute Idee?

Gruß

Rolf

Film 01 themoviedb.png

Film 01 Identifizieren.png

Film 01 Ergebnis.png

embyL0VER

I will write your concern in english again, so maybe it is easier for the devs to understand.

Searching for the movie "Auf der Jagd" in german to identify the movie with emby doesn't bring the correct match. Searching directly on TMDB does.

But searching for the movie in emby by using the english name "U.S. Marshals" brings the right german match.

This is the result by searching with "U.S. Marshals":

Screenshot_20210622-235448.thumb.jpg.73cdf7d8e29a5a01adfd113eafd56e21.jpg

Hi, please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this. Thanks.

pünktchen

@Luke I can confirm. Searching for "Auf der Jagd" from year 1998 doesn't return the correct movie with page one of the json result: movie.json

2021-06-23 00:01:09.050 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: Auf der Jagd
2021-06-23 00:01:09.050 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=Auf+der+Jagd&language=de

But why doesn't Emby use the year from the search dialog in the query string?

Happy2Play

Yes adding year does provide a better match in most cases, but there is a defect in year as TMDB has a year variance in a lot of cases do to Country release dates.

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=Auf+der+Jagd&year=1998&language=de

{"page":1,"results":[{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/nVOTbGAoR1DSNCsAGjeDHFgiKN2.jpg","genre_ids":[53,80,28],"id":11808,"original_language":"en","original_title":"U.S. Marshals","overview":"Der Ex-CIA-Agent Mark Roberts wird verdächtigt, zwei Morde begangen zu haben. Denn U.S. Marshal Sam Gerard hat dessen Fingerabdrücke am Tatort gefunden. Nach seiner Verhaftung soll Roberts nach New York geflogen werden. Doch die Maschine stürzt ab und dem vermeintlichen Mörder gelingt die Flucht. Gemeinsam mit dem Secret-Service-Agenten John Royce jagt Gerard den Häftling quer durch Amerika. Als der Marshal jedoch merkt, dass sein Partner versucht, Roberts zu beseitigen, beginnt er erneut zu recherchieren...","popularity":11.166,"poster_path":"/aF9myWBcMGy0hPTPidLCh8SiWP2.jpg","release_date":"1998-03-06","title":"Auf der Jagd","video":false,"vote_average":6.4,"vote_count":1088}],"total_pages":1,"total_results":1}

But if a user is Identifying with year I would expect it to be used.  But I believe Luke has mentioned before the year is used against the query behind the scenes.

pünktchen
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But I believe Luke has mentioned before the year is used against the query behind the scenes.

Makes sense, but then why only Page 1 results are used on no further queries for the other pages?

Happy2Play
46 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Makes sense, but then why only Page 1 results are used on no further queries for the other pages?

Not sure how this works but I am not seeing a way to show all pages, so a query without &page= or with &page=1 only returns page 1.  each page has to be a separate query.  If I am understanding this correctly. 

image.png.4ec1830e59af8cd5178411bf3c7fe155.png

But yes this is a issue as the results for this example is on page 2. @Luke

pünktchen

I understand that for a library scan only page 1 results are used to minimize traffic, but for the user initiated identify feature all pages should be used even if that means multiple queries.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

I don't know how often this comes up as a query is not normally the 24th item in a query (TMDB hard limit of 20 items per page) but could be more of a language issue as "Auf der Jagd" has 24 items and "US Marshals" has 2.

But @Luke would have to make changes to query additional pages per listed "total_pages" from initial query.

How to get all available pages in the same request? - Talk — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)

Pagination - Talk — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)

embyL0VER

Well don't know how often it happens but another example is the movie "The Ship" from 2019. It shows on page 3 on TMDB.

Original title is "Mary".

Searching in emby with the german title "The Ship" also doesn't give a match.

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Well don't know how often it happens but another example is the movie "The Ship" from 2019. It shows on page 3 on TMDB.

Original title is "Mary".

Searching in emby with the german title "The Ship" also doesn't give a match.

Yes as nothing beyond page 1 is queried.  Since the results one is looking for is on page 2 or beyond, pagination queries are needed as Emby has never provided more then page 1 that I know of.

I know Luke has held off doing specific year queries do to year tolerance for Country release date variances.  But in the end should just make the change and then we can just point users to the year being wrong on their item per TMDB.

RRo100

I have the impression that the year is being completely ignored. Here is another example. In this example from "Fast & Furious", the 10th film is always selected

Fast & Furious 8 Identifizieren.png

Fast & Furious 8 Ergebnis.png

Fast & Furious falsch zugeornet.png

RRo100
On 6/23/2021 at 4:18 AM, Happy2Play said:

Yes as nothing beyond page 1 is queried.  Since the results one is looking for is on page 2 or beyond, pagination queries are needed as Emby has never provided more then page 1 that I know of.

I know Luke has held off doing specific year queries do to year tolerance for Country release date variances.  But in the end should just make the change and then we can just point users to the year being wrong on their item per TMDB.

If the year in the TMDB is wrong, you can change this, which I have already done.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, RRo100 said:

If the year in the TMDB is wrong, you can change this, which I have already done.

But the issue is wrong to who?  There are different release dates in different Countries and that affects the year shown by TMDB,

Release Dates - Movie Bible — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)

2 hours ago, RRo100 said:

I have the impression that the year is being completely ignored. Here is another example. In this example from "Fast & Furious", the 10th film is always selected

Fast & Furious 8 Identifizieren.png

Fast & Furious 8 Ergebnis.png

Fast & Furious falsch zugeornet.png

You are searching a name that does not exist "fast & furious 8" (that is a alternate title in some countries though).  You get the same result searching on their website.  Year is used as a secondary search on returned result but if results are beyond page 1 Emby fails to find as already discussed above, ie Emby does not do a exact api year query.

fast & furious 8 — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)

• 2 weeks later...
RRo100

Hi Luke,
I understand why the result is what it is.
Honestly, I can't understand if the year and title (as in the entry from 06/27 Fast & Furious) is entered correctly, that the year is simply not taken into account. Emby had found the right film, but as a second entry.
I'll have to live with it.

• 2 weeks later...