FFW or REW vs Skip with new Siri remote?

emby-noob

emby-noob

As of the most recent server update (4.6.3.0 on Synology), the Siri remote is back to going full fast forward/rewind when clicking the left/right buttons, vs the skip intervals set in the server settings. I can confirm skip is working fine in Netflix, and I thought it was app by app that controlled this. Was there a setting added somewhere, or did it maybe revert to a previous state, assuming this isn't by design? Just in case no one had flagged until now.

Thanks as always!

Edited by emby-noob

vdatanet
1 hour ago, emby-noob said:

As of the most recent server update (4.6.3.0 on Synology), the Siri remote is back to going full fast forward/rewind when clicking the left/right buttons, vs the skip intervals set in the server settings. I can confirm skip is working fine in Netflix, and I thought it was app by app that controlled this. Was there a setting added somewhere, or did it maybe revert to a previous state, assuming this isn't by design? Just in case no one had flagged until now.

Thanks as always!

Those app use the Apple TV native player. If you disable MPV player, Emby for Apple TV will support the new Siri remote. We will have to wait for it to be implemented manually in the MPV player.

First impressions using Emby with the new Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen) - Apple TV - Emby Community

• Like 1

emby-noob

That was it, turned off the MPV player setting and now the remote's working again. I'll keep an eye for any MPV mentions in future updates, appreciate the info!

vdatanet
On 6/22/2021 at 5:32 PM, emby-noob said:

That was it, turned off the MPV player setting and now the remote's working again. I'll keep an eye for any MPV mentions in future updates, appreciate the info!

The native player is more resilient to changes. I don't usually install tvOS betas, the release version already has enough bugs!. 😀 But I have read on forums that tvOS 15 beta has completely broken the MPV player. That's why I like the native player, the only downside is the MKV HEVC streaming. For other unsupported formats, my server has enough power to transcode.