[BUG?]Unchecked all the thumbnails related options and screen grabber but still seeing ffmpeg running for a thumbnail while scanning the library.

OliverGrace

OliverGrace

I run the server on Ubuntu 18.04. The EMBY version is the latest. I mount a google drive for EMBY to scan. And the drive already has all the info, pics and videos of course included and ready for direct read without needing any other info search. I set all the downloader off except for the option(download images in advance) in order to download all the nedded pics and reduce api excession of google drive. However the current case is EMBY still uses ffmpeg to grab thumbnails into the emby temp folder which is really annoying because every film needs about 6 seconds to do this, and i have tens of thousands of movies and tv shows! Anyone any idea? The following is some of the logs and the settings.

微信图片_20210622192924.png

微信图片_20210622192929.png

微信图片_20210622192943.png

OliverGrace
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, I would check the options for every single library. 

Hi Luke, I have indeed unchecked all the options except for the above mentioned options and realtime monitoring. And I looked into it by viewing the .xml files too. And what I had found was that the image-extraction related value was set to 0 which means closed, the options following it was the default thumbnail image interval seconds which shows '10'.  The library options.xml is attached. Could you plz take a look into the file?

options.xml

Maybe that particular extraction was already queued up before you had disabled the option? See if you can get it to happen again for a new video.

OliverGrace
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Maybe that particular extraction was already queued up before you had disabled the option? See if you can get it to happen again for a new video.

I thought of that too. So I deploy another server on a new VPS using the same system, and set all the settings as the way it should(like the settings in my original post). And all the settings are done before it starts the scanning. But, as i dig into the logs, the ffmpeg was there grabbing every video's thumbnails which i will never use or see when i use emby, just like the first server. 

Right ok, looking at the log, it's trying to extract the image just for the trailer video file. Looks like the options don't apply to that. It's something we can review in future updates. thanks.

OliverGrace
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right ok, looking at the log, it's trying to extract the image just for the trailer video file. Looks like the options don't apply to that. It's something we can review in future updates. thanks.

I really appreciate it. Thank you, Luke. Good day.