Alan Walker. Not recognized as musician

generiq

@Spaceboy any chance we could ask you to zip up the album/track and a music video (or cut version of one) we could use to test with?

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

Fun times. I can reproduce. I have the same MV, correctly tagged

image.thumb.png.0a88d349107fdc12241debf7acdaada8.png

but for some reason emby reads that as

image.thumb.png.30010d7c9d5a1a422d73735b694455cc.png

weirder, i have another track also called Faded but by a different artist. Also tagged correctly

image.thumb.png.7da4e2d52ab764ccce8af64f79a0a0f1.png

also read wrongly by Emby as the same incorrect artist

image.thumb.png.2ba332c0d1effe53cb7eee20660b0e71.png

i don't have any MBz information in the MV tags, just what you can see in the images above and MBz is not a metadata provider for my MV library. So why has emby returned Lyves as the artist??

Do you have any providers enabled on your Music Videos library as I did get my Faded MV linked to Stan Walker on import do to enabled Providers and garbage metadata.

But yes we need more information for this topic to test variables.

generiq

This is now absurd and a little sad. Just use youtube-dl to rip the video from YouTube. There's no metadata, it's a blank slate. Wipe all the metadata from the music files, then just add the artist/album artist to the tags, and add the files to emby. This really is sad.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, generiq said:

This is now absurd and a little sad. Just use youtube-dl to rip the video from YouTube. There's no metadata, it's a blank slate. Wipe all the metadata from the music files, then just add the artist/album artist to the tags, and add the files to emby. This really is sad.

But it just works (for me) unless I have no music from said artist then I see Emby got the wrong artist in the ZHU example it was linked to ZHU ZHU artist instead.  Can only assume a mbz query issue as that artist is first on mbz.

generiq

Yes, without the musicbrainz ID, it works. Which is what I have resorted to doing. If you add the MBZ ID to the extended tag of the music and not the video, it breaks it. 

Happy2Play
29 minutes ago, generiq said:

Yes, without the musicbrainz ID, it works. Which is what I have resorted to doing. If you add the MBZ ID to the extended tag of the music and not the video, it breaks it. 

But I can not produce that behavior.

And the ZHU example I removed the MV, added a fully tagged Album, then readded MV and it then linked to the correct ZHU artist pre the Albums metadata.  As it created a proper database entry for the Artist will all appropriate information.

Happy2Play

No need to lock, we just need to identify the variable to recreate the issue as I have tested dozens of times to reproduce and will continue.

So all variable will need to be known to reproduce as me adding or removing MBZid from Music have not made any difference in my testing.

Happy2Play
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Right we support the same tags for videos as we do for audio files.

Can you look at this as I added a MV with Artist and MBZArtistid and Emby got the wrong Artists as mentioned above.  It got ZHU artist with MBZArtistid for ZHU ZHU not the one tagged in MV.

Note no music existed for the Artist at the time.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 weeks later...