How do I update to version 4.6.3.0

adrian76
Go to solution Solved by XcOM9876,

adrian76

I am trying to update to version 4.6.3.0, but something must be wrong, I have followed all the available instructions but it does not update Emby. They can guide me step by step on how to do it.

adrian76

I uploaded the file emby-server-deb_4.6.3.0_amd64.deb to my server, then from linux I used dpkg -i emby-server-deb_4.6.3.0_amd64.deb, so I did it with the previous update and it worked, but now not I know why it doesn't work, it tells me that the file doesn't exist. As you can see in the image there it is until the last update, I already turned off and on the emby server.

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by adrian76

What is the full terminal output? It sounds like you either didn't download the file, or you're trying to run the command from the wrong directory.

adrian76

I already uploaded the file to the server but I get an error or the file does not appear. I atttach the picture

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 18.58.50.jpeg

Edited by adrian76

Yea I mean we've seen users report this type of "problem" in the past but each time it turned out that they hadn't actually downloaded the .deb file or they were running the terminal command from a different directory than the one they actually downloaded it to.  

What is the full path to the .deb file ?

XcOM9876

Personally I find it best to use wget:

cd ~
wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.3.0/emby-server-deb_4.6.3.0_amd64.deb
sudo systemctl stop emby-server
sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_4.6.3.0_amd64.deb

I find this the most reliable method to updating emby server on Debian/Ubuntu/Similar, this way you are downloading the package to your home directory and running from the same location, once complete you can delete the files after, I tend to keep the last 3 that I installed.

• Like 1

• Solution
XcOM9876
On 6/24/2021 at 2:01 AM, adrian76 said:

I already uploaded the file to the server but I get an error or the file does not appear. I atttach the picture

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-23 at 18.58.50.jpeg

Also looks like your logged in to root which has a different home directory to your standard user home directory, I assume you used something like "sudo su" to get to that terminal prompt, or are running terminal as root?

It's better to download the package to your users home directory /home/username (or ~ for short) and install it from there using sudo

• Like 1

adrian76
On 6/23/2021 at 9:41 PM, Luke said:

Yea I mean we've seen users report this type of "problem" in the past but each time it turned out that they hadn't actually downloaded the .deb file or they were running the terminal command from a different directory than the one they actually downloaded it to.  

What is the full path to the .deb file ?

Thank you very much for your help, but with the directions provided by XcOM9876 you can do it fast.