Android App stops any and every stream and goes back to guide after only a few seconds of play

MPPMedia

MPPMedia

For over a year now I have searched extensively for a solution to this problem and have not found anything helpful.  I did see where someone else seemed to be posting about a similar problem and received a reply from an EMBY rep saying that an update was about to be released that would fix the issue...but that was in October of 2020.  This problem has existed for me for over a year now.  I have adjusted transcode settings, Global server and app playback quality settings....and NOTHING has worked.  No matter what I select from the guide (including local channels coming from my HDHomerun tuner and antenna)...the Emby Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S10 stops a stream after only a few seconds and returns to the "guide".  When experimenting and getting this result, I have been sure to make certain and verify that my playback connection is the ONLY active stream.  Further, my cell connection is at FULL strength 5g.  I have attached a server log corresponding to the Android test described above...along with screenshots of server settings, ASUSTOR NAS information, Android App settings and Android phone info.  PLEASE respond with something helpful soon.  I have to believe there is a solution but, will start a search for an alternative to EMBY while I await some, hopefully, good news.

Screenshot_20210621-192855_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210621-192918_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210621-192924_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210621-193846_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210621-193858_Settings.jpg

ASUSTOR Server App Info.jpg

ASUSTOR Specs.jpg

EmbyServerSettings - Network.jpg

EmbyServerSettings - Transcoding.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-977ba263-3c47-4dbe-9b5e-9d35a347ed15_1.txt

Hi there, as a test, if you disable hardware transcoding on your emby server, does that make a difference?

MPPMedia

Thank you for your reply.  Hopefully you'll hang with me until this can get figured out.  Very puzzling.  No luck with that one though.  Disabled hardware encoding and experienced the exact same result.  Any and every stream plays for just a couple of seconds and quits back to the "guide".  If anything, the only difference I noticed was that it took even longer to start the streams...and then still they stopped as before.

MPPMedia

Yes.  On my Galaxy Note9 Android phone I get the exact same malfunction with the Emby app on, both, Local network Wi-Fi and the 5G Cell network.  I tested with local HDHomerun/Antenna channels and iptv network stream urls.  No noticeable differences between the two.  Regardless of stream or source, the app just quits back to the "guide".

Does this only happen with Live TV or does it happen with Movies and TV Shows as well?
How about with prerecorded TV?

MPPMedia

I only use Emby for Live TV.  Started my media library a LONG time ago with PLEX.  It's been GREAT and I have waaaay too much media to fool with migrating to EMBY.  PLEX Live TV features stink...so...long story short...Emby is my Live TV server.  That's what I want it for.  If you're on a thought track, I'll be happy to test that for information purposes...but, I need Emby to work with iptv urls and HDHomerun live streams.  BTW....the HDHomerun box is also feeding PLEX (for local channels only of course) and there are zero errors or problems of any kind with the streams on PLEX...and even at double the stream quality that I currently have set for Emby.

Hi please try the new Emby for Android 3.2+ app update that is currently rolling out and let us know if it helps. Thanks.

MPPMedia
On 6/22/2021 at 5:52 PM, cayars said:

yes it's for diagnostic purposes.

No difference at all.  Still quitting back to "guide" within 1-2 seconds of stream starting.

MPPMedia
On 6/24/2021 at 7:57 AM, Luke said:

Hi please try the new Emby for Android 3.2+ app update that is currently rolling out and let us know if it helps. Thanks.

Will do.  Thanks so much for responding to all of my questions so quickly.  I surely do hope this new update will help.  When will the update be available in the Google Play store?