LiveTV (m3u Tuner) - Unknown codec specified

JorTurFer

JorTurFer

Hi,

I am trying to set the IPTV in emby. I use the TDT channels from Spain those are listed in this page TDTChannels | Canales de TV y Radio IPTV
I have tried with m3u and m3u8 lists but with both I have the same error:

*** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.6.3.0
        Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
        Operating system: Linux version 4.19.0-16-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19)
        Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: /config
        Application path: /system
        System.Exception: System.Exception: GetVideoEncoder: Unknown codec specified: ''
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.Demands.DemandsBuilder.BuildVideoInputDemand(MediaStream mediaStream)
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.Demands.DemandsBuilder.BuildVideoInputDemand(EncodingJobInfo state)
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.Demands.DemandsBuilder.BuildDemands(EncodingJobInfo state, EncodingDiagnosticOptions diagnosticOptions)
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.BuildDemands(EncodingJobInfo state)
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.HlsGetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state, Int32 startNumber, Boolean createSubtitleParameters, Boolean isForTv, String segmentFileExtension)
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.VideoHlsService.GetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state)
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
           at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.BaseHlsService.ProcessRequest(StreamRequest request)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
        TargetSite: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.Demands.Output.VideoInputDemand BuildVideoInputDemand(MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MediaStream)

embyserver.txt

About my setup:

I run embyserver using Docker with gpu enabled in an Intel nuc. I have premier also.

I think that the list works propertly because It works using VLC, any suggestion?

Thanks!! :)

4 hours ago, JorTurFer said:

I think that the list works propertly because It works using VLC, any suggestion?

No, it doesn't! The channel you tried doesn't work in VLC either. It is either broken or geo-blocked.

There are 3 streams for La1. The 2nd and 3rd are working (as of today).

JorTurFer

first of all, thanks for you time!

I am not sure how I selected the 1st one because in emby I only see "La 1" and I understand that internally the server has 3 different urls to it. Is there any method to select one of them specifically? As you can see, I have only one (La 1 Aragon and La 1 Canarias) are other entries in the list so I understand that are totally different channels, right?

image.thumb.png.86ca258243ad9eedfd00a5388e545322.png

2 hours ago, JorTurFer said:

o I understand that are totally different channels, right?

Yes, that's correct:

image.thumb.png.3e5aaf99cbbbaea80d7e70af3d394d62.png

For the original La1 channel, the red entry is failing and the yellow entries are working. 

In the future, there will be many more ways to control these things, but for the current tv feature, I can't say whether there is a way to prevent the grouping/collapsing of M3U entries. Probably there isn't. @Luke

JorTurFer

Hi!!!

Thanks a lot for your effort!! Could it be an option just trying all channels in the group? 

Knowing this I will use the plugin until there is a better solution. I have to add one by one but I can select the concrete link :)

10 hours ago, JorTurFer said:

Hi!!!

Thanks a lot for your effort!! Could it be an option just trying all channels in the group? 

AFAIK, that's not possible  in the current version. What you could do is to download the m3u to disk, delete the non-working entry and specify the local M3U when adding the M3U tuner.
From my experience, that's not the only case. The channel "La 2" has 3 entries as well where just one is working for me (outside Spain).

Edited by softworkz