Emby Deleting Trakt History

Ptolemaeus

Ptolemaeus

Hi,

I would like to use the Trakt plugin, but the plugin keeps deleting my trakt history. I can't make the plugin behave in a way consistent with the option that is listed

Specifically, I have unchecked the "Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task" option. However, when I mark an item unwatched in Emby (for a rewatch) it will delete all history for that item from Trakt. I never manually run the scheduled tasks. How can I make the deletions stop?

trakt.png

Ptolemaeus

Hi Luke,

I am not and do not run any scheduled tasks. What I would ideally have is scrobble-only functionality.

Ptolemaeus

I tested this a few minutes ago by marking Heroes Reborn unwatched in Emby, and the following showed up in my log

2021-06-21 23:47:52.708 Debug Trakt: POST {"shows":[{"seasons":[{"episodes":[{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":1},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":2},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":3},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":4},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":5},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":6},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":7},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":8},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":9},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":10},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":11},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":12},{"watched_at":"2021-06-21T23:47:52Z","number":13}],"number":1}],"ids":{"imdb":"tt3556944","tmdb":60858,"tvdb":279201,"tvrage":41064}}],"episodes":[]}
2021-06-21 23:47:52.708 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.trakt.tv/sync/history/remove

The plugin is definitely telling Trakt to remove my history the moment I mark something unwatched, and I can't find a way to make it stop.

• 1 month later...
Ptolemaeus

Bumping this as I've uninstalled the plugin but would love a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.

Alternatively, if there's no way to prevent this deletion from happening, is there any way to have Emby display the content listed on Trakt as " Up next to watch" ? Premium Trakt and Jellyfin (via marking unwatched and not using the https://api.trakt.tv/sync/history/remove api call) seems to support rewatches just fine, it's just Emby that is the issue. 

Hi, I don't quite understand. If you marked the series unwatched in Emby, shouldn't that be sent over to Trakt as well?

Ptolemaeus

Hi Luke,

I don't want to send that information over to Trakt. The Jellyfin and Plex plugins allow me the option to not do so, it's only the Emby plugin that I can't stop for some reason. 

Where this becomes relevant is that Emby/Plex/Jfin/etc's "Continue Watching" feature to display the next episode only works with "unwatched" - so I'm effectively forced to mark content unwatched if I want to watch a second time. If Emby's continue watching feature supported replays, then I would not have to mark content as unwatched - until it can do so the only alternative is to mark content unwatched locally and not have it sync backward to Trakt.

Edited by Ptolemaeus

Hi, the whole idea behind this is to keep both in sync so if you change watched status in Emby is should update on Trakt.

Have you thought of only unwatching seasons vs whole show when rewatching?

Ptolemaeus
27 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, the whole idea behind this is to keep both in sync so if you change watched status in Emby is should update on Trakt.

Have you thought of only unwatching seasons vs whole show when rewatching?

Hi Cayars,

I wouldn't mind having them both in sync if the "Continue Watching" functionality allowed for a re-watch. In the current state, it doesn't. A scrobble-only function would also be sufficient, I don't need the sync.

If I unwatch a season, it will still delete my entire history for that season from Trakt. It doesn't seem to help, unfortunately.

Edited by Ptolemaeus

Ptolemaeus
On 8/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, Luke said:

Yes that type of option is something we can look at adding. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you, Luke. I'm happy to test any changes.