Playback fail

AAndy

Hello.

I am newbie here. I trying to play tv-show episode with ASS subtitles. LG App provide me a playback error. I think the problem is in the subtitles format (ASS) because with other subtitles episodes are playing normally.

BTW maybe I do something wrong, but my Emby server does not remember selected audio track and selected subtitles (all settings are set up (remember subtitles/audio track selections))

Edited by andrey062006

Hi, you used the diagnistics plugin to change some transcoding values. Please make sure to undo all of that before reporting problems. See if that helps. Thanks.

Yes, I do. I did install it today, but the problem detected is two days ago. I can delete this plugin, start problem episode again and send you a new one log, if it for help.

Excuse me, but may I ask you one more question? How should I configure server or something other for remembering selected audio/subtitles track?

What do I mean:

1. In user 'Playback' settings I checked 'Remember audio track selection'
  2. In user 'Subtitles' settings I checked 'Remember subtitles track selection' (preferred subtitles language = English; subtitles mode = 'No subtitles' (I experimented with all available subtitles modes, but nothing helps))
  3. I go to a movie then select audio I need, subtitles I need, then go to home screen and go back to this movie again. And my chooses did not saved (all states look like as I did nothing)
  4. At playback time (I start movie playing and select while playback) change these settings does not saved also.

Besides, I detect another playback problem: if I trying to change subtitles while movie playing - subtitles does not changed, also if I set it to 'None'. And if I choose subtitles before start playing then Emby for reasons I don't know select 1-st track only (I select 2-nd track but playing 1-st).

Is it my mistake or server's?

Hi, does this only happen in the Emby LG app? What if you play from the web app on the server machine, how does that compare?

22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, does this only happen in the Emby LG app? What if you play from the web app on the server machine, how does that compare?

In the LG app only!

In the server (Chrome browser) - Software transcoding (don't understand why not hardware);

In the Emby App for Windows - Direct Play.

• 1 month later...
Gofran

Yes mine also did you find a fix mine crashes mine nas also when playing one anime with only lg app

Edited by Gofran
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...