Adding a 'Pi' mode

xnappo

xnappo

All,

Considering the interest in Pi, I am willing to spend a little time implementing a Pi mode.  @@Luke has also offered to reduce data from the server for this.

What would you consider the bare minimum details needed?

I am thinking

- Title

- Path to file

- Thumb

- Season/Episode number if TV

Plot and backdrops will get background loaded.

xnappo

• Like 4

xnappo

Hmm - that doesn't make much sense.  You can't go into 'Video'->'Addons'->'XBMB3C' and browse?  To be clear I don't expect much to work, I just want to see times from direct browsing in the addon.  If the services crash that is okay...

xnappo

w84no1

Hmm - that doesn't make much sense.  You can't go into 'Video'->'Addons'->'XBMB3C' and browse?  To be clear I don't expect much to work, I just want to see times from direct browsing in the addon.  If the services crash that is okay...

xnappo

I have a favorite set for the kids folder.  I didn't try getting there from video->video addons->XBMB3C.  Will try that first when I get home.

Maybe I should try attaching it here.

I will try the new version when I get home.

w84no1

I just downloaded the file from pastebin and the one you attached and they are identical.  So, I will go home and try Video->Video addons-> XBMB3C to see if that works.  

Does it matter what version I am using?  I am currently using 0.9.5 form the XBMC repo.  Should I get the latest version from your repo?

Thanks for looking into this.

xnappo

Yeah - that is probably the problem - please use the version from our repo as the starting point.

xnappo

xnappo

So looks like 5.2 seconds down to 3.6 seconds.. Not bad but still not great.  How big is that collection?

It can still be improved from what I see in the profile.  May to 3 seconds without too much pain.  How is it from a user point of view though?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

w84no1

So looks like 5.2 seconds down to 3.6 seconds.. Not bad but still not great. How big is that collection?

It can still be improved from what I see in the profile. May to 3 seconds without too much pain. How is it from a user point of view though?

xnappo

It is 155 movies. I can see the improvement. Thanks. I will continue to use this version. Does exactly what I need it to do, usable enough for the kids.

w84no1

Can it just detect based on device?

That would be awesome, I have other devices besides the PI, that might benefit, though. Would need to be able to override the auto detection in some cases.

My Ouya is a little sluggish running XBMB3C, will have to try it out on that tomorrow.

xnappo

@@Luke - possibly. To really get this working well I would need to get one. I will think about it. It isn't the cost, just the time getting it set up.

xnappo

w84no1

It won't be a Pi version, just a Pi mode.

But again, I need one to really do it, turn-around on improvements would be too slow.

xnappo

I will send you one, PM me your mailing address.

• Like 4

snazy2000

If PI version was added in good way id most lickly get one and replace my now tv box in bedroom :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

xnappo

It won't be a Pi version, just a Pi mode.

But again, I need one to really do it, turn-around on improvements would be too slow.

xnappo

Smaky

I would gladly test out too. I have raspbmc and it is way too slow to suft through my library (about 1599 movies) and over 500 music albums.