Possible to link to MBT from within WMC?

Marc_G

Hi folks,

I'm eagerly awaiting the public beta of MBT... using Classic for now. MBT looks like it will solve all manner of issues but I've got one concern: WAF (wife acceptance factor).

We currently use WMC for everything: live TV, recorded TV, Netflix, and all the Media Browser content. I understand MBT is completely new technology, not dependent on WMC... but would it be possible to add a tile in the WMC environment that calls up the separate MBT interface? That way, we could continue to use WMC just like we do... and I wouldn't have to retrain the wife that "different things are in different spots."

Thoughts?

Keep up the good work!

Marc

all4dom

I think, but m not sure they may have some type of shortcut. Safe to say they will have something to enjoy both live/recorded tv & mbt.

Steven

There is an add on for MBT that adds a link to open WMC but unfortunately there isn't a way to return to MBT as far as I'm aware.

wmc.jpg

Steven

you could do this....

You could but not very end user friendly. It would be better if a link was created in WMC when installing the app in MBT, and removed when uninstalled.

no need to be part of the core mbt download, and i won't be working on it personally, but we've got a community of contributors so hopefully someone can step up.

Steven

But you've already made the app to link to WMC, how much work is it for that to create a link in WMC when it's installed?

• 3 weeks later...
cybrsage

A link inside WMC would be great, since MB2.6 (I know MBT is completely different - but that is what many people will use to contrast and compare) has a WMC link.  The return to WMC link in MBT already exists to get the user back (though the green button on the remote would also work), so half the work is already done.  :)