Updating from 4.5.4 on WD PR2100

Nafe

Hey guys, I only started using Emby in January and didn’t realise I need to update the server manually. 

So far all my attempts have failed. I’m manually uploading via the local web UI; my first attempt I ended up uninstalling Emby and my whole systems being down for hours. I could not get my WD to update to the new file, it just times out. 

I managed to reinstall back to my previous version 4.5.4. Now trying to update again, I’ve kept Emby installed and stopped Emby server via the app, I’ve stopped the app via the WD web UI. I try upload the bin manually and it says updating but it doesn’t seem to be working as far as I can see. I just return to my login screen and the server number reads the same as before. 

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, try rebooting the Nas after installing the update. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Tried that but still not working. Tried off safari on ipad, tried on edge off windows pc but not working. Its not saying its failed, it just eventually logs me out but no change to the installation. Running out of ideas but just driving me mad lol 

2 hours ago, Nafe said:

Tried that but still not working. Tried off safari on ipad, tried on edge off windows pc but not working. Its not saying its failed, it just eventually logs me out but no change to the installation. Running out of ideas but just driving me mad lol 

Hi, what does "not working" mean?