m3u tuner management?

zachattack83

zachattack83

Do you guys know if there is any software available that would centralize your m3u to one url that could be locally accessed?

If not, how do you guys go about managing multiple m3u tuners? Is there any good walkthroughs available for getting set up with m3u on live tv?

I currently grabbed an m3u off the web, and it loaded up channels, but the guide it provided didn't seem to give any data. 

Sorry, today is the first day that I've messed with m3u tuning. I have live tv and an hd homerun, so I'm familiar with the set up process. 

mark-in-dallas

I use xTeve for m3U tuner management, and you can incorporate multiple M3U files and XML guides, then sort which channels to include in the M3U it produces and channel numbering and order.  I used a paid online service in the past that included guide data, and even though xTeve does not provide its own guide data, I far prefer xTefve and using Emby Guide Data.

• Like 1

zachattack83

Does emby guide data know how to apply the correct data to the channels that comes from xteve?

IS there a way to install it on  my ubuntu system without using docker?

Edited by zachattack83

mark-in-dallas

Yes you can install Emby on Ububtu without having to put it in Docker.  I have it installed on a Linux Mint machine that runs 24/7. 

@LukeI believe that zachattack83 is asking if the Emby Guide can correctly map channels provided by the M3U from xTeve, and while I know in the past that unless the channel streams were numbered the same as in the guide data provider used it could not, that may have changed some with the channel management functionality that you recently introduced.

@zachattack83Even if the Emby Guide is unable to correctly map the channels automatically, you can assign them manually, which isn't a major undertaking if you're not trying to pull in hundreds or thousands of channels.  I've narrowed down my M3U list to about 50 channels that I actually might watch.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

zachattack83

I was referring to the channel mapping as well as the guide data. I had put an m3u tuner in the other day that came with an xml guide and it never applied it so I had no idea what was on each channel at the time. Thats why I was concerned. I don't want to add channels that will make my guide look all sloppy.

Ya, I'd likely keep it narrow myself. Dont need every channel on the planet lol.

I was referring to xteve, not emby. I already have emby running on ubunutu. The guid for xteve was telling me to install it using docker, but I was able to just unzip the file from github and run it on startup. this achieved a running version of xteve. Though, I haven't got to mess with it too much yet.