Orsay install issue

Ganondorf78

Ganondorf78

Hi, i followed guide on this forum and everything was ok but i noticed that, using develop login to install emby, another app i used was automatically uninstalled. 

This app is duplex play always installed through develop login 

I have samsung f7000. 

The question is: only one app is possibile to install through develop login way? 

Thank you very much. 

SamES

But you can host both apps on your server and install them both at the same time

• Like 1

FrostByte

@Ganondorf78 if you have the zip for the other app there is a write-up on how to host them on your own computer at the bottom of the page you were looking at before.  Just place both zips in the Widget folder

SamES

Otherwise, use the ip you add in developer mode, then browse to http://<ip address>/widgetlist.xml 

Then get the .zip path and download it

• Like 1

Ganondorf78

Hello and thank you very much to both of you for your help. The server solution is too hard for me. Downloading instead the zip and putting it on a pen drive, can i install more than app on smart TV? 

Thank you very much for your time. 

FrostByte

I haven't installed from usb on Orsay in a long time, but I believe that will work because you aren't installing from IP.   Which was the problem before because you can only install from one IP at a time.

The only issue with the usb method and Orsay is that it doesn't actually install, but sideloads on boot-up of your TV which means you will need to keep the usb in the TV

SamES

I'm not sure if the pen drive method still works, and whether it will be possible to install two different apps that way.

Assuming you are using Windows (or Mac or Linux will work as well) there is a fairly simple 'on line' webserver method you can use.  On Windows you just need to install python (Python Releases for Windows | Python.org) or on Mac/Linux it should already be installed.  From there, it's just case of create the correct widgetlist.xml file (we can help with that) then run one line to publish the app and load it on the TV,  After that, there is nothing that you need to keep running once the app is installed.

Let us know if this interests you.

FrostByte
2 hours ago, Ganondorf78 said:

Thank you, probably i need two pen drive, each for every app right? 

I was thinking one via IP and the other via usb may work.  I've never tried it before though and as SamES mentioned several TVs had a firmware update and disabled the usb method altogether.  

If you want to try another method I'm sure SamES and I can walk you through it

• 4 months later...
Ganondorf78

Hi guys, tried to download zip files browsing to http://<ip address>/widgetlist.xml but, putting it on a usb pen, no way to install on samsung orsay tv.

Where am i wrong?

Thx

FrostByte

Did you unzip the file and place the files in the root of the usb or \emby?

Check this post 

Remember with Orsay it doesn't actually install, it sideloads.  Meaning the usb has to be in the TV at all times and the app runs/loads from the usb

Edited by FrostByte