Casting to Denon Heos DLNA does not show the play queue

sjkiss

sjkiss

Hi there, casting via Emby for Android to Denon Heos. It works quite nicely but the play queue in Emby is not populated with tracks that have been selected to play, even after selecting Add to Queue.

So it works, but it is a limitation as you would often want to jump back and forth between tracks

Screenshot_20210618-164020.thumb.png.81024ac90495d81ffda8dd6d68de3814.png

sjkiss

Hi there, casting via Emby for Android to Denon Heos. It works quite nicely but the play queue in Emby is not populated with tracks that have been selected to play, even after selecting Add to Queue.

So it works, but it is a limitation as you would often want to jump back and forth between tracks

Screenshot_20210618-164020.thumb.png.81024ac90495d81ffda8dd6d68de3814.png

• 2 weeks later...

@sjkiss we have not yet implemented play queue manipulation over dlna but it will be coming in future updates. thanks.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
sjkiss

Holy smokes. That is amazing. If it works really well, this is going to be a game changer for my family and me. Thank you.  @Luke

Edited by sjkiss
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, sjkiss said:

Did this get added to 4.7? Thank you!

Yes.

• Thanks 1

viking19

This is a feature I've been waiting for. I tried it out with my Denon receiver from the Android app and it works well. The only issue for me (and has been for a long time with DLNA and the Android app) is the now playing bar at the bottom of the screen will eventually freeze up. It doesn't affect playback at all and I can still look at the playlist screen to see what track is playing. It's really only an annoyance and it only happens with the Android app as casting from the web app works correctly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, viking19 said:

This is a feature I've been waiting for. I tried it out with my Denon receiver from the Android app and it works well. The only issue for me (and has been for a long time with DLNA and the Android app) is the now playing bar at the bottom of the screen will eventually freeze up. It doesn't affect playback at all and I can still look at the playlist screen to see what track is playing. It's really only an annoyance and it only happens with the Android app as casting from the web app works correctly.

Hi, we're looking into this. Thanks.