Configuring main Kodi menu with Estuary(EmbyCon) skin

mbone12368

mbone12368

Is the Kodi 19.1 main menu configurable using the Kodi Estuary(EmbyCon) skin? It shows emby movies and tv shows via EmbyCon, but I would like
to add music and music playlists from the emby library.

TeamB

Unfortunately the skin i made based on the default skin is not configurable like that. You will need to use a skin that has configurable home screen widgets that allow you to add new home screen menu items and widgets.

mbone12368

Thanks for the response, and for making this skin. It is helpful to have movies & tv from emby with minimal changes to kodi. If you ever release an update to the skin, please consider adding music & playlists.

I'm also considering other methods for emby integration with kodi, but just wanted to fully understand all my options before picking a path.

Embruary skin includes emby music, but not playlists, so that's closer to my goal, but not quite there. I still need to do some research on Embuary to see if playlists can be added easily.

I've also tried Aeon Nox Silvo skin, which allows adding any emby library items to the main kodi menu. That may be what I end up using, but I'm looking for a Raspberry Pi 4 solution, and I don't know yet if the skin is too resource heavy for RPi as I've only tested this on a Win 10 machine.

I've also had good success with Emby NextGen add-on, but again will need to see how well it works on RPi.

rodainas
1 hour ago, mbone12368 said:

Thanks for the response, and for making this skin. It is helpful to have movies & tv from emby with minimal changes to kodi. If you ever release an update to the skin, please consider adding music & playlists.

I'm also considering other methods for emby integration with kodi, but just wanted to fully understand all my options before picking a path.

Embruary skin includes emby music, but not playlists, so that's closer to my goal, but not quite there. I still need to do some research on Embuary to see if playlists can be added easily.

I've also tried Aeon Nox Silvo skin, which allows adding any emby library items to the main kodi menu. That may be what I end up using, but I'm looking for a Raspberry Pi 4 solution, and I don't know yet if the skin is too resource heavy for RPi as I've only tested this on a Win 10 machine.

I've also had good success with Emby NextGen add-on, but again will need to see how well it works on RPi.

If you want a fully customizable skin but at the same time not resource heavy very well optimized.

You can try: Arctic Zephyr Reloaded and Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection, both work on matrix too.

mbone12368

Thanks for the suggestion on the Arctic Zephyr skins. I did a quick trial, and both look promising.