Music Files

Petedjor

Petedjor

For the last month or so Emby for Fire Stick will only play albums in alphabetical order or reverse. It isn't using the tags or the prefix of the file names. All is ok if played by laptop or android phone. I now how to cast my phone to my TV to play music on Emby. Any ideas?

Hi can you go over this a bit more in detail.  For example what screen are you playing back from.

Hi.  Also, please confirm that your music library is actually of type "Music" and that all your songs are tagged properly with track numbers.

Petedjor

They are in a Music library and are tagged. If I go into the album on Emby firestick and long click on the first track,  I do not get the option to "play from here". The files are listed in alphabetic order in stead of track order. To play all I have to use the menu section on the right hand side of the screen and use the play button there. This gives me the options to play all, shuffle all, or add to queue. If I play all it will play in alphabetical order.

2 minutes ago, Petedjor said:

If I go into the album on Emby firestick

Hi.  Can you show us what that screen looks like?

That is what I suspected.  That is not a proper album display.  Can you please confirm that your library is, indeed, still classified as Music and not "Mixed Content"?

Hi can you show us what the tagging looks like in a program such as mp3tag?

Let me ask another way.  From the homescreen how do you get to that screen?  What tabs, clicks, navigation is used?

pwhodges

I think you are going in using folder view which is not tag-driven, which I do routinely because my music is mostly not albums at all.  I name my files with the track number at the start of the filename (Mp3tag can do that for you) and select filename to sort rather than title.

So these files:

filelist.jpg.d6d52d2fe1680f0075685af6bbc9869c.jpg

Display like this:

view.jpg.3066a947bf18a462711c1803c7765c06.jpg

Paul

Petedjor

From the main Emby screen I click on Music Library. From music library I click on Category or Album Artist ( I use folder view to ease navigation - I always have done). The next screen gives me a list of albums by that artist. I click on the album I want. That will bring up the track list - this is the screen you are asking about. On that screen on the right hand side are various icons as below.

image.png.e5e0c09dc27a8aa0231c7f2212e078f7.png

I have always used Folder view and never had a problem before. This is affecting all my Music and Audiobooks. Viewing on Android and PC is fine. Fire Stick is the issue. This started a couple of months ago (that's when I noticed it anyway). As a test today I deleted my Music Library and then added it in again. I checked in after a couple of minutes and the view on Firestick was correct - track order. I gave it 40 minutes to fully load and checked agaimage.png.e5e0c09dc27a8aa0231c7f2212e078f7.pngimage.png.4dc41d086618968440124e34bf19b43f.pngn. All in alphabetical order. I'm at a loss to explain it. The problem must be the firestick Emby platform.

Petedjor
17 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I think you are going in using folder view which is not tag-driven, which I do routinely because my music is mostly not albums at all.  I name my files with the track number at the start of the filename (Mp3tag can do that for you) and select filename to sort rather than title.

So these files:

filelist.jpg.d6d52d2fe1680f0075685af6bbc9869c.jpg

Display like this:

view.jpg.3066a947bf18a462711c1803c7765c06.jpg

Paul

This is what I also tend to do. It was working fine on Firestick until recently, and still works fine on Android and PC.

Petedjor
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Is your music library organization set to "Perfectly organized"?

Other or unstructured. Since having the problems I have tried all options. None made any difference.

10 hours ago, Petedjor said:

This is the same album. It's perfect when played on laptop and phone. Firestick is the problem.

image.thumb.png.8bcc73ba75c7a5031a68344a0edf1523.png

Hi, what about the album artist tag? in order for the tracks to be combined into a single album, they all need to have the same album and album artist values.

Petedjor

The tags and view have always been the same and worked. They still do on Android and PC. Surely that is the main point. Something is wrong in the Fire Stick interface.

Happy2Play
50 minutes ago, Petedjor said:

The tags and view have always been the same and worked. They still do on Android and PC. Surely that is the main point. Something is wrong in the Fire Stick interface.

4.6 changed everything so what worked in 4.5 or earlier will not necessarily work in 4.6.  All tabs except Folder view are created via track tags.

Petedjor
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

4.6 changed everything so what worked in 4.5 or earlier will not necessarily work in 4.6.  All tabs except Folder view are created via track tags.

How come it works perfectly on PC and Android? Does anyone have a link so that I can raise this officially with support. I've paid for Emby and it has worked perfectly ok until recently and then only causing problems on Fire stick.

Happy2Play

I guess we are talking about two different things then.  This forum is official support and the 2 devs and 2 support personnel have already commented.  @ebrwill have to comment more as this would be a specific client issue.

Petedjor
59 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I guess we are talking about two different things then.  This forum is official support and the 2 devs and 2 support personnel have already commented.  @ebrwill have to comment more as this would be a specific client issue.

It took me a long time to catalogue and tag my music, audiobook collection and I'm loathe to rework it now. Emby is fine on Android and Pc. If it cannot be fixed on Fire Stick I will have to use the Android version and Cast it to my TV. This isn't a satisfactory long term solution so I will have to source an alternative to Emby. It was working fine when I paid for it.

Edited by Petedjor
Typo