Emby 1.9.9 iOS -- plays one song at a time?

Hi there.

Have searched the forums but can't seem to find an answer to my question.  My regular phone has died (another story) and as a backup I've dusted off my old iPhone 4s (ios9.3.6) and lo/behold Emby's still available for download and continues to work on the device! Sweet --  since I use Emby mostly when out and about through WAN connection, and this is a saviour in the absence of a newer phone..

But -- I can only seem to play one song at a time through the app (playlists/albums/artists/whatever).  Testing it through the web interface, this problem doesn't exist, so it's does not seem to be server side.  I can't seem to locate a setting in the app I might have to enable/disable -- am I missing something, or is it a bug in this particular version?

I realise this is an old platform on outdated kit, but if I can get it to work correctly it would be super amazing and be one more reason to hold onto this obsolete iPhone just a bit longer....thanks for any insights.

Hi, yes unfortunately that is correct. We did the work to embed a custom audio player that supports running in the background but it's only for iOS 11+. At this point with iOS 9 market share down to near zero, we're no longer going to be doing any new development that specifically targets it.