Subtitle offset and position options are available sporadically

hofnop

hofnop

Hello,

Have been observing this interesting phenomena the past few days. On some playbacks I have the option to change the position of the subtitles and sometimes the time offset. Sometimes neither of the options show up within the menu. This even happens with the same video file, I just restart the playback a couple of times and then it's back (or gone).

Versions (to my knowledge everything is up to date):

NVidia Shield Android TV - P3430 Version 9
Android TV - 8.2.3 (32.6.518.0)
Emby Server - 4.6.2.0
Emby App - 2.0.09g registered

Am I missing something? Would a logfile help?

Hi, You can only change these for media that is direct played.

So keep an eye on how the media is played to make sure this is available on all direct played media.

Hi.  Only SRT subs will support the position and only external SRT when direct played can be adjusted for time.

• Thanks 1

hofnop

Hey Cayars and Ebr,

That does explain a few things! I tried with embedded SRT and external SRT, indeed the options change depending on which I select.

I'll double check and confirm the direct play bit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
hofnop

Late reply, played around with various subtitles and can indeed confirm behavior is as described.

Seems unfortunate that internal SRTs can't be adjusted for time, but then again, internal SRTs should be correct in the first place. Makes sense.

• Like 1

Dx111111

Tried to watch the Matrix Reloaded today. Internal subs were correct, but ever so slightly late. Wish internal subs would also be available to correct, can be very usable, and is probably not hard to turn on as a setting?