Wake On Lan not working

pschweig

pschweig

Hi

I am having trouble getting Wake On Lan to work from the Emby iOS app. I have a separate WOL app on my iPhone which works ok. It has the MAC address of my server, it is configured to port 9 and has two toggles

1. WOL Broadcast

2. WOL send Ping.

I have 1 switched on and 2 switched off and that seems to work for my server which runs Windows.

Can you give me some detail of the method that Emby iOS app uses to WOL? Is it something that I can configure somehow? Or do I need to change the configuration on my server?

Also is there a good reason why it doesn't automatically send WOL if the server is asleep? Or could it just send it all the time whether it's asleep or not? Currently I have to wait for the connect to timeout and then manually select Wake Server on the "Select Server" screen. It's a bit time consuming.

thanks

Paul

Edited by pschweig

Noel-M

I have been using the "wake server" option from both iOS and Anroid Tv for a longtime - but this feature is no longer working - I suspect from 4.6.2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, wake on lan has always worked for iOS, but recent iOS updates now require us to request a new networking permission so we'll have to adjust for that. Thanks.

pschweig

Thanks for the response Luke.

Would you be able to change it to automatically send WOL when trying to connect to the server? I presume WOL just does nothing if the server is already awake so can't think of a downside.

This would make Emby much easier to use than having to wait 30s for the connect to time out before manually selecting Wake Server

5 hours ago, pschweig said:

Thanks for the response Luke.

Would you be able to change it to automatically send WOL when trying to connect to the server? I presume WOL just does nothing if the server is already awake so can't think of a downside.

This would make Emby much easier to use than having to wait 30s for the connect to time out before manually selecting Wake Server

It's a possible improvement for the future. thanks.

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, Pixelpaule said:

Hello, unfortunately WOL still does not work for me in conjunction with iOS. Is there any new info here?

Hi there, why do you think it's not working?

Pixelpaule

Hey, since I tried to start my Emby server via iOS app (server is in S3 Sleep) and it didn't work. The iPhone is connected to the home network via WireGuard. Other WOL apps are working. With the Emby on my Mac it worked. Therefore, I thought that there are still restrictions under iOS.

4 minutes ago, Pixelpaule said:

Hey, since I tried to start my Emby server via iOS app (server is in S3 Sleep) and it didn't work. The iPhone is connected to the home network via WireGuard. Other WOL apps are working. With the Emby on my Mac it worked. Therefore, I thought that there are still restrictions under iOS.

What exactly happened when you tried?

• 3 weeks later...